Make a donation

Author Topic: Electric window problamo :/  (Read 896 times)

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Electric window problamo :/
« on: June 23, 2013, 10:12:41 pm »
Like many others I am suffering from a problem with my electric window (passenger window)

I put it all the way down the other day and when trying to close it the windown wasnt having any of it, it was going up partly then returning down as if something was stuck although it was clear

Ive managed to get it up the majority of the way in small stages (took about an hour  :fighting:) but there is about a half inch gap before it is shut but now there is no movement, cant even here a click that the motor is trying to work

anyone had this problem or know a way to fix it so i can be out of my misery?? my guess is that its the motor but i dont wanna get a new one and thats not the problem

any imput is very welcome

Thanks
Tommy

Its just a way of life.

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 13
  • 56 plate 5 door in Black Pearl Metallic
Re: Electric window problamo :/
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 10:54:06 pm »
Hi Tommy
My bet is its a busted cable guide; VW changed the design and now they're made of a stronger plastic with a metal insert. The guide falls apart and jams the window in its channel. The motor senses all's not well and cuts out. There are a few repair kits out there - http://www.okzam.co.uk/404-vw-golf-v-window-regulator-repair-kit-front-left.html which include the guides. Alternatively VW sells the guides separately. They may even have a repair kit available ...
Let us know what you do to repair.
galaxie500

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 11:04:30 pm »
Hi Tommy
My bet is its a busted cable guide; VW changed the design and now they're made of a stronger plastic with a metal insert. The guide falls apart and jams the window in its channel. The motor senses all's not well and cuts out. There are a few repair kits out there - http://www.okzam.co.uk/404-vw-golf-v-window-regulator-repair-kit-front-left.html which include the guides. Alternatively VW sells the guides separately. They may even have a repair kit available ...
Let us know what you do to repair.
galaxie500

cheers for the advice, gotta run to a dealer tomorrow anyway to pick up a dv due to massive boost leak so ill ask about the kit while im there, guessing im gonna have to take the outer door off to fix whatever is wrong? if vw dont sell one ill be buying one of those tomorrow afternoon
will keep the thread updated case anyone else has got the problem

Its just a way of life.

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 11:18:21 pm »
I had a quick look at a parts guide and now I'm not so sure there is a VW guide available separately. The problem seems to come up pretty regularly so a good parts man ought to have a solution. Fingers crossed for you. Do post up how you get on.

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 11:30:02 pm »
I had a quick look at a parts guide and now I'm not so sure there is a VW guide available separately. The problem seems to come up pretty regularly so a good parts man ought to have a solution. Fingers crossed for you. Do post up how you get on.

quick question before i call it a night, do you know if there is a difference between the regulators for 3 door and 5 door? the link you posted and the ones ive found on ebay are all saying for 5 door so id be pretty much f*cked

Its just a way of life.

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 11:49:14 pm »
Sure they are different -
Have a look at pages 48 & 53 of these pages:
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/golfgoodies/body.pdf
PR
(page numbers should appear on your screen as you scroll down through the various illustrations)

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 10:30:56 am »
hey guys sorry its been a long time

ive found out the regulator wires have corroded and started splitting this is what is causing the jam as they are catching

if you own a 3 door then heres the bad news, no repair kit was ever made ive searched high and low for weeks, the result is having to buy a whle new kit, i paid 113 from the dealer but at least now ill have piece of mind nothing else will go wrong, just need to fit it now

hope thi helps you all

Its just a way of life.

Offline percy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 08:56:29 pm »
Hi mate, just seen your post, I had to replace mine a few weeks back. Managed to get one from GSA for £80 about, fitting isn't that bad just take your time and when you pull the door skin off  make sure that the bolts go back in the same holes so use a piece of card to put them in as you pull them out. :happy2:

northyracing

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 04:44:14 pm »
I got a problem with my passenger window which is cant open it with switch on passenger door but can open it from drivers door fitted new switch still the same and also checked connections and are all fine