Make a donation

Author Topic: Another one about...Lowering Springs  (Read 728 times)

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Another one about...Lowering Springs
« on: August 07, 2013, 02:00:52 pm »
Alright guys

I know there are thousands of threads on here about lowering springs so I thought id do my part and add just one more

ive come to a cross roads where im set on either the eibach or H&Rs, my one dilemma is hearing that some of the eibach make the car look lower and the back than the front and I really don't want that, is this true? do the H&Rs also suffer with the same problem if so? would like to go for the front lower for the aggressive look.

I know the H&Rs are considered to be stiffer but ive had 2 mk2s on coil overs so anything is gonna be more comfy than that

also if I go with the pro kit (30mm) drop will I need to change anything else or will they be fine on stock dampers and what not

Cheers for the help as always
will get a thread started as soon as I have something worth while to talk about

Tommy

Its just a way of life.

Offline lm_gauci

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Re: Another one about...Lowering Springs
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 02:58:38 pm »
I went with H&R's on my gti after reading the same about the Eibachs. The only thing i wish i would have done now was go with TT top mounts also. They're meant to be an improvement over standard and at £80 for the pair (i think) they're not too expensive.

May aswell get the superpro anit-lift kit whilst your there  :happy2:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 03:09:56 pm »
I have the H&R's that give 30mm drop all round, which means the front is lower as that's how it is as standard :happy2:

Few pics so you get an idea:

Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 04:12:54 pm »
H&Rs are lower

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 01:32:45 am »
Cheers for the pictures joe

H&rs have been delivered waiting for next weekend to fit them due to my cousin going dumped in Belgium and I have work, just fitted my new rims (team dynamics imolas) and they already make the car look much better

Will be starting a build thread as soon as I have a decent amount to write about

Tommy

Its just a way of life.

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 09:46:50 am »
What an awesome looking gti you have there Joe full marks and fair play to ya buddy :drinking:

Dougie :happy2: