Make a donation

Author Topic: Results from JKM Rolling rr day. Update** Full Gallery Graphs link inc  (Read 10011 times)

Phil Mcavity

Just back from a fairly good turnout from t'other forum GolfGTi RR day at Jkm. Nice to see Ian (Hedge) Dominic (DomT) Stu (vRStu) Shaun (Teutonic Tamer) Terry (Telboy) with his awesome R36 beast!! jack (Jackc)to name a a few regular names.At least 20 runners this time out...

Got tempted again to put Phylis on the rollers, and even beat last time outs results with 281bhp this time out!!. Very healthy output for its lack of under the bonnet mods from my Stage 1 Bluefin.Air temperature was cooler then it was 2 weeks ago so saw an improvement in torque and bhp.

Im sure the others will post up their results in due course along with some photo's no doubt from the event.

My Graph....

Again enjoyed everyones company  :happy2:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 08:06:43 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
Re: Results from JKM Rolling road day saturday 3rd October..
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 04:46:37 pm »
Shouldn't that be nearer 300bhp for stage 1???
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 04:51:36 pm »
 These rollers tend to read more accuratly.Same car on superchips rollers would show over 300bhp.Stock bhp of a GTi was around 230, and stock ed30 250's on those rollers just as an example.

Jkms will show 200 and 230 approx as stock readings for those respective cars.

Believe which one you want to believe.

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 06:35:24 pm »
Stage one remaps on these engines usually add approx 70bhp, so regardless of the rollers, what did yours make standard? Mine made 312Bhp using Vagcom, looking forward to getting it on SRR as they are very accurate. 

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 06:38:28 pm »
I'd be Highly surprised with 70bhp from just a Remap. Unless your on Superchips RR  :P :P

JKM's rollers are regarded as being extremely accurate so i wouldn't doubt what your seeing for Phil's Graph.

Carl :happy2:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 06:42:48 pm »
One of my Stardard runs at jkm......The worst run as my fuel tank had Redex in it :ashamed:, another was 233bhp.

On the Money.
Agree'd 70bhp claim is abit extreme.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 06:44:40 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 07:08:15 pm »
Stage one remaps on these engines usually add approx 70bhp, so regardless of the rollers, what did yours make standard? Mine made 312Bhp using Vagcom, looking forward to getting it on SRR as they are very accurate. 

If you want to see that sort of figure from stage 1 then either stick to SuperChips rollers or ask Charlie at SRR to massage your figures before he runs your car.

What makes you think you'll see +70hp from stage 1?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 07:09:51 pm by vRStu »
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 07:54:29 pm »
jees your results get better and better every time, youll be up there with the big boy willy wavers soon steve!  :grin:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 08:00:09 pm »

If you want to see that sort of figure from stage 1 then either stick to SuperChips rollers or ask Charlie at SRR to massage your figures before he runs your car.

Im on stage 2, so will be hoping for north of 300/310, and Oettinger maps are always very strong, which I found on my 8P S3 - For me its not about out and out figures, but increase from the base figure, and even more importantly how the car drives.

And reference massaging the figures, don't be silly!  All Im saying that most mappers - REVO, APS, Oettinger etc quote around 300BHP on the ED30/S3 engine, which is a 70BHP increase from standard!

And Phil thanks for posting up your before figures.

When is stage 2 happening :happy2:

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 08:06:22 pm »
well from an S3 its only 35 brake increase so i dont think 70 for an eddy does sound ridiculous at all its a long time argument that will never end i think! will be good to see how my car stacks up to philys as we were both timid about going for the maps and have gone in different directions but as you say oli its all about how you feel the car not about willy waving  :signLOL:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 08:13:32 pm »
well from an S3 its only 35 brake increase so i dont think 70 for an eddy does sound ridiculous at all its a long time argument that will never end i think! will be good to see how my car stacks up to philys as we were both timid about going for the maps and have gone in different directions but as you say oli its all about how you feel the car not about willy waving  :signLOL:

:happy2:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 08:46:28 pm »
FWIW Steve's map doesn't appear to be ideal as that graph looks like there is a significant boost spike early on (which gives the greater peak hp figure) and then the car pulls back which could be heard while it was on the dyno.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 09:39:47 pm »
Oettinger remaps is really APR remaps these days.....

PhilMc (Steve)...do you feel that torque hit at 3500rpm when u drive the car on the road??

Its a bit peaky for my liking...but maybe its just the scaling of the dyno plot that makes it look like that!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 09:43:09 pm »

And reference massaging the figures, don't be silly!  All Im saying that most mappers - REVO, APS, Oettinger etc quote around 300BHP on the ED30/S3 engine, which is a 70BHP increase from standard!

REVO, APR etc also quote a 55bhp for the Skoda vRS/MK5 GTi

But you NEVER get anywhere near that figure with just a Remap alone. End of. I've seen numerous 2.0TFSi's on Rollers (and that's Golf,Leon,Octavia etc) and not one of those at stage 1 has ever made the quoted figure that the tuning companies state. The map's i have seen run are Bluefin,REVO & APR

You will usually get the Torque but i have never seen anyone get the stated claim for stage 1.  

I have seen a 2.0TFSi get 266bhp on Stage 1 BUT it had virtually all the same mods i have with Stage 2+

I'm not trying to cause an argument/bunfight but unless i see those figures reached on a reliable RR (i.e. the likes of JKM) then i will stick my neck out and say they aren't possible with a JUST a remap

Carl :happy2:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 09:49:10 pm »
FWIW Steve's map doesn't appear to be ideal as that graph looks like there is a significant boost spike early on (which gives the greater peak hp figure) and then the car pulls back which could be heard while it was on the dyno.
To be fair, it pulled a higher bhp figure on its 1st run, then went back to its previous RR figures to 277 with a much lower curve with peak torque below 300Ilb ft.

I am gonna run it past Superchips to see if they'll look into it, but how much do you get for only paying £185 for one of their handsets.
Ill find out monday if they dont hang up :smiley:.

And Phil thanks for posting up your before figures.

When is stage 2 happening :happy2:
I Think with the cars manners on the road now, i think its the point when if you want more , you'll have to add alot more to make the car able to feel it can cope with all the extra oomphh.
Im gonna be plowing my remaining funds into Greenouses Alloys, and that will be that for me.
I dont wanna spend on Brakes, Intercoolers, down pipe/Cat etc to make Stage2 a big leap. From what ive see from other cars , theres little benefit to make it viable for getting on to 300bhp from a front wheel drive car, without SERIOUS money being spent.
Ive done what i never thought id be able to spend some of my hard earned TBH, now its time to treat the person and my kids the rest of my hard earned on them..........

Oh and to Pay for a course on "How to understand Photoshop"  :wink:

:drinking:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 10:23:29 pm by Phil Mcavity »