Make a donation

Author Topic: Bit of a weird one... Wind mirror casing  (Read 521 times)

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Bit of a weird one... Wind mirror casing
« on: April 08, 2014, 01:13:42 am »
so I need to replace my wing mirror casing, had a quick check on ebay and the prices are very different

any one got any clue on what the quality of them are like? or anyone know a good place to buy them? remember reading something on here the other week about a place but cant rememebr the thread for the life of me
my motor is lazer blue so im gonna have to get the primed ones and get them sprayed at a shop

as always thanks in advance for the help
Tommy

Its just a way of life.

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Bit of a weird one... Wind mirror casing
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 08:16:32 am »
I just bought mine from the dealers. I don't recall them being particularly expensive.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Tortaruga

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 11:39:26 am »
You can get cheap ones from ECP, ebay etc. They're probably ok, but you won't know for sure until you try to fit them.

OEM from a dealer are more expensive, but at least you know for certain they will fit perfectly.
'07 Red manual

Offline Dave7692

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 11:43:59 am »
I've been looking at them too, I was looking at Chrome ones though.

I was worried about them not fitting properly, being a massive job and then me deciding I liked the colour coded ones better anyway haha so I'll have to give it some more thought.  If I get some before you do I'll let you know  :happy2:

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 03:47:36 pm »
You can get cheap ones from ECP, ebay etc. They're probably ok, but you won't know for sure until you try to fit them.

OEM from a dealer are more expensive, but at least you know for certain they will fit perfectly.

I think im gonna run the dealers when i get a chance and get some prices just to see, if its not that drastic its gonna be the way to go just for ease

I've been looking at them too, I was looking at Chrome ones though.

I was worried about them not fitting properly, being a massive job and then me deciding I liked the colour coded ones better anyway haha so I'll have to give it some more thought.  If I get some before you do I'll let you know  :happy2:

I was looking at those to start then brushed alli ones caught my attention, saw a mk7 R the other day and they now have them so dont wanna look like a cheap copy, just got some black indicators lenses so I think colour coded will set them off

Cheers mate ill throw up on here how much they cost from the dealers
Tommy

Its just a way of life.