Make a donation

Author Topic: TyreSure Wireless Monitor - Review....  (Read 21193 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: TyreSure Wireless Monitor - Review....
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 04:56:20 pm »

does the wire just charge a battery?

....No, AFAIK the only batteries are with the wheel sensors. I think the wire provides power to the display unit because it always has to be plugged in to work - Either via mini USB connection or 'cig-lighter' style via 12v socket.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 05:00:18 pm »
Fairy muff.

If i had one of these i would probably hard wire it out of sight but so it is audible. It would be absolutely fantastic if someone like Kufatec could develop something like this that worked with highline.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 05:20:58 pm »

I popped down to my local free air pump today to make sure I had enough air for a 500-mile journey tomorrow.

Result was that 36psi on the machine = 35psi on the TyreSure.

I had originally set the machine to deliver 35psi but my TyreSure displayed it as 34psi, so I decided to believe my TyreSure's readings and reset the machine to deliver 36psi. Hence 35psi on my TyreSure.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 06:19:04 pm by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 05:37:55 pm »

Fairy muff.

....Has she? I always thought it was Furry Muff :evilgrin:

If i had one of these i would probably hard wire it out of sight but so it is audible. It would be absolutely fantastic if someone like Kufatec could develop something like this that worked with highline.

....Would you want it to be able to permanently display either pressure or temperature in the Highline window? Quite a tall order methinks.

For me, the whole point of the TyreSure kit is that you can visually monitor at any time.

As cmdrfire pointed out on another thread, the VAG oem systems only alert you to a problem but not what the problem is nor which tyre has the problem, and it takes its time to do just that. In line with authorities encouraging vehicle manufacturers to provide tyre safety features to the consumer, the oem provides a system which they can add as a marketing feature but it doesn't actually do very much, especially as most drivers forget to reset the button everytime they put air in their tyres.

I'm really enjoying this little TyreSure gadget - It brings peace of mind by continually answering the question "How are my tyres?" [as opposed to "Does my bum look too fat in this?"]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 06:14:25 pm by RedRobin »

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2009, 08:50:37 pm »
Yeh, I'd want all the live functionality of the tyresure system but displayed on the highline window. It's not that much of a tall order really, I already have my phonebook on there in a window. Also can see things like realtime speed, realtime rpm and boost. Also how many litres of fuel I have left, all thru a clever box of tricks!

If I am running low on fuel, I get a warning. If I get a low tyre pressure, I want a warning. Don't get confused thinking I want the Vw one, just one that integrates the Vw highline

Offline The wheel man

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 12:18:22 pm »
Yeh, I'd want all the live functionality of the tyresure system but displayed on the highline window. It's not that much of a tall order really, I already have my phonebook on there in a window. Also can see things like realtime speed, realtime rpm and boost. Also how many litres of fuel I have left, all thru a clever box of tricks!

If I am running low on fuel, I get a warning. If I get a low tyre pressure, I want a warning. Don't get confused thinking I want the Vw one, just one that integrates the Vw highline

That would be cool  :evilgrin:  the company that makes this system is owned by Mitsubishi so its on the Carisma but is displayed in the rear view mirror... super cool
APR cat back, ECS Insert

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 12:19:29 pm »
thats pretty cool! get them to sort it with the Vw highline and ill buy 20! lol

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 02:46:17 pm »
I decided against that position Ben. Mainly because I tend to use the rev counter visually a lot and the wire covers the time buttons (which I'll need in about 5 days time) :smiley:

Can't you alter the clock times in the highline?
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2009, 07:28:46 pm »
I decided against that position Ben. Mainly because I tend to use the rev counter visually a lot and the wire covers the time buttons (which I'll need in about 5 days time) :smiley:

Can't you alter the clock times in the highline?

Only if I had it :ashamed:
Golf R gone.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2009, 07:03:05 pm »

I've just updated the original review post having used it for a few weeks in both day and night conditions: One plus point and one minus.

Overall, I'm very happy indeed that I spent some money on yet another mod which some will say is entirely uneccessary  :evilgrin:

I was without it for about 3 days because the connector came adrift (we retained the supplied 'ashtray-style' plug for a 12v socket) and I really missed it.

Offline knight

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009, 09:10:40 pm »
looks like a good bit of kit. good review :happy2:
facelift mk2 leon cupra

Offline Lean

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
  • DSG +..
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2009, 09:15:55 pm »
missed this thread earlier - on my last car between my mkiv and mkv golfs I had a Saab Aero which had tyre pressure monitors for all tyres and would let me know whcih was losing/lost pressure - which was 4x better than the almost useless one factory fitted (winter pack?) tyre pressure sensor.

Anyway I'm all for buying gadgets but I think 179.00 (even for me is to much) - if it came down to £100.00 I'd probs grab it

I love the fact it displays temperature as well - for me that's a real feature nice review - let me know if they bring the price down!  :happy2:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 10:37:23 pm »
Just seen this review. As always great review Robin! Looks like a fantastic piece of kit!

Bit confused where the pressure/temperature sensors go though? Do they plug into the valve??  :confused: :confused: :confused:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2010, 10:45:07 pm »
Just seen this review. As always great review Robin! Looks like a fantastic piece of kit!

Bit confused where the pressure/temperature sensors go though? Do they plug into the valve??  :confused: :confused: :confused:

The sensors are placed inside the tyre and the valve is built into it. You have to remove the tyres to fit them. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2010, 10:51:07 pm »

I can't emphasise enough how reassuring it is to be able to see your tyre pressures every time you start the ignition. And the TyreSure updates the info every 5 seconds and you can toggle it with the tyre temperatures.

It might look like a bit of a toy but it's damned useful!