Make a donation

Author Topic: TyreSure Wireless Monitor - Review....  (Read 21192 times)

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: TyreSure Wireless Monitor - Review....
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 11:27:49 pm »
RR, I wanted to ask: how do the tyre pressures and temps change in these snowy conditions? How long does it take to get the tyres up to optimal temp? Do the pressures stay below optimum throughout?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2010, 09:13:37 am »

RR, I wanted to ask: how do the tyre pressures and temps change in these snowy conditions? How long does it take to get the tyres up to optimal temp? Do the pressures stay below optimum throughout?

....I've been out as little as possible (not for 10 days now) but tyre temps started at zero 0º last time but started to rise after only a few hundred yards. Tyres stayed cold but not at any level to be over concerned about: Late teens.

Pressures too started off low (26 psi) but re-adjusted to correct level within yards.

Extremely useful to be able to automatically toggle between pressure and temperature updating itself every 5 seconds and then be less concerned when everything up to normal.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline 94Luke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2010, 04:36:09 pm »
Looks a good piece of kit, and great review aswell  :happy2:

One question though, how does the main unit tell which corner the sensor is at?
Say if you were swapping your tires round or forgot which tire went where can it tell what corner it's at? (does that make sense?  :wink:)

Luke

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2010, 04:53:41 pm »
The sensors are programmable and even if you swap the fronts to the rears and side to side, you can re-programme the sensors to read them correctly :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2010, 06:38:14 pm »
^^^^
Yep, as Hurdy says - Program it in Setup mode so that upper left corner in display is front left tyre etc. The trick is to have one tyre already low pressure so you know which is which and then pump to correct pressures all around. You can see the monitor change as you change each pressure. Hope I'm making sense!

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2011, 11:57:51 am »
Today I'm very unhappy with TyreSure! :fighting:

A couple of weeks ago one of the tyre sensors stopped working. Keith at Revolution, who supplied it, was as helpful as ever and organised a replacement sensor. But, the replacement appears to be faulty!! This is deduced following over an hour on the phone with TyreSure's UK agent testing and trying to sort out the problem. Apparently I'm not the first to have a faulty sensor and the agent's response (not Revolution's) is merely to say that they buy them in large batches and I should return the faulty one before replacement or buy another one.

Feckin' middle men! They only care about their dollar!  :fighting:

So I now have to go the extra inconvenience and expense of a tyre fitter swopping to sensor #3 when I receive it. I miss not having the TyreSure and am not a happy bunny. I can't run it with the fault because of a constant alarm beep.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:00:07 pm by RedRobin »