Make a donation

Author Topic: Mitch's BLACK DSG ED30 R-Tech 2+  (Read 50268 times)

Offline Amir32

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Mitch's DSG ED30
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2015, 12:57:03 am »
I enjoyed reading through this, glad you got your mechatronics sorted cheap! With the new down pipe installed are you now suffering with cabin drone? Any videos mate?

Where abouts are you from

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2015, 02:43:00 pm »
I enjoyed reading through this, glad you got your mechatronics sorted cheap! With the new down pipe installed are you now suffering with cabin drone? Any videos mate?

Where abouts are you from
Not really mate it was worse before with original cat and a cheap proflow cat back system what previous owner had fitted.
It is loud but not droney or boy racer it sounds like a proper car now! Haha
It's a bcs sport system they do a sport prestige system which is quieter I think.
And if you want to keep it really oem sounding when driving normally there power valve will give you what you want (Y) look them up mate!

And no videos I don't have a camera only iphone which can't pick the sound up really. I'm from Doncaster in Yorkshire mate :)

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2015, 09:01:46 pm »

Interior:
Cherry red hazard switch
Gti seat inserts
Rcd 510 with usb switch

Exterior:
Smooth us front grill
Powdercoated pescaras anthracite
Painted calipers red
R32 rear bumper (smoothed tow eye and exhaust valance in KAE grey)
Polo aerial
Debadged rear gti badge
Dewiper rear
15mm rear spacers

Performance:
Evoms intake
Decat downpipe
Bcs sports system (r32 exit)

Maintenance
Full service (nano drive 5/40)
4 x Michelin PS3
Dsg service
New VW wheel centre caps

UP NEXT:
R tech remap
Bilstein b14 coilovers
Toureag front brakes
Tt console bushes or ALK
Rear Engine mount
Chrome interior switches
Depo xenon headlights
Full detail at clean detail
I'm sure more will be added to my wish list but that's where I want to be at then end of the year/end of winter

Few pics..

Offline m1k3ydu8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • Steel Grey MK5 R32
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2015, 06:30:45 pm »
Lovely car :happy2:

Offline samiul11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2015, 08:16:26 pm »
How did you manage to sort the exhaust tips?

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2015, 08:18:28 pm »
Lovely car :happy2:
Thanks mate :D can't wait to get it lowered a little bit

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2015, 08:21:22 pm »
How did you manage to sort the exhaust tips?
Some heavy duty rubber to hold it stiff so I could get it close to the bumper without it actually hitting the bumper.
Heating the brackets up and bending them.
And the little but of metal that was in the way I just pushed up, once I took the tips off I realised it was only like tin so just pushed it up to give more room for the zaust.
Really happy with it now may look into different tips as these are a pain to keep clean and looking good but suspect they're all the same

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2015, 06:42:08 pm »
Well not much as happened recently all funds going to r tech on the 16th if September! Can't wait..
Havnt driven the car in 2 weeks took it off the road to give it a machine polish. Was getting nowhere with hex logic pads and chemical guys polished so got a sample kit of 3m and used there pads and paint is looking a lot better!
All polished just need to wax/seal/dress and whatever else then do the inside lol.

Invested in some snow foam and a lance to try n keep the nasty swirl marks away too (great fun)

Cleaned the postbox whilst I was at it.

Video of progress during polishing on my stonechipped bonnet :) still not perfect but hell of a lot better, I did plan on paying a professional but it isn't a show car and it does get driven so I wouldn't be able to maintain a finish any better than what I could achieve myself with a machine polisher I don't think so I put the effort in this week!

And a reflection shot (no filters, iphone pic  :happy2: ) with my brothers classic mini :)
I've finished the dewiper, added edition 30 front badge, and my mate who has a mk5 golf reversed into a pole and ruined his rear bumper and cracked his inner n/s/r light unit. So me being the vulture I am asked for his cracked light unit so I could do the fog light lens mod (make the rear symmetrical) so that's up next :D   
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:44:48 pm by Mitch H »

Offline waj27

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2015, 12:27:55 pm »
Very Clean Car  :happy2:

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2015, 06:37:29 pm »
Very Clean Car  :happy2:
Was hoping someone would say it after all the hard work lol coating her in collinite as we speak :D

Offline Orc

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2015, 11:44:00 pm »
What did you use to get rid of the swirls in the end bud. I have the same car and need to sort mine out but the hex pads are useless.

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2015, 08:25:16 am »
What did you use to get rid of the swirls in the end bud. I have the same car and need to sort mine out but the hex pads are useless.
I was usung hex logic pads with chem guys polish and got nowhere with it!
Bought some 3m pads and the 3m sample kit (get plenty) I think I got it from cleanyourcar but loads of detailing shops do a sample kit now :)

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2015, 12:17:06 pm »

Pre map checks all done. Hardly owt wrong with it but it's changed and ticked off the list, before r tech on the 16th  :pomppomp: :jumping:

Offline samiul11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2015, 05:37:18 pm »
Hi mate did you use all three polishes that come with the sample kit? And which 3m pads did you specifically use?

Sorry to be a pain my car is in a similar condition to how yours was and I need to sort it asap  :signLOL:

Offline white91

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2015, 05:53:16 pm »

Little update... :grin:
Dsg hopefully sorted. I was on holiday whilst my dad got it to a mates garage so don't know the ins and outs but from what I've been told by my dad.

There was a little bit of water in the gearbox oil caused by a faulty gearbox oil cooler and when I went on a long run on a hot day the moisture got into the Mechatronics unit and shortened circuits out giving me the interference in Mechatronics module fault code.
First they updated software and did basic settings and let my dad put a 100 mile on my car, this to see if the Mechatronics had ad it or not.
100 miles passed trouble free, so they changed the lol cooler for new genuine part and changed the gearbox oil and filter.

Cost me £160 all in although I have him a few drinks on top of that because he sorted me out do quick and picked the car up from my place for free.
Done about 300 mile since worry free.

So back to the good bits..
Today fitted my r32 rear bumper (eBay special) and my full TBE consisting off eBay decat downpipe (other then the bracket behind the flexi this was good quality can not complain, just had to trim the hangers on the bracket and heat them up and bend down slightly)
Behind that was a bcs sports system with the r32 style exit. Superb quality and was fitted in no time worry free :D

The old pro flow cat back fitted by previous owner..

I think it looks a lot better from the rear now although I'm gunna try and get the tips slightly higher. (Metal in the way) may heat it up and bend up slightly so In future if need be I could heat up and bend back down. Don't wanna start cutting it up!
Glad I went with the grey and smoothed the tow eye cover out too.

It sounds awesome! Can not wait for r tech map now to put it all together. Think I will eventually spray the front bumper and have the centre splitter done in the same grey.

Aswell as that I removed my stereo to get the code as I had no stereo since they changed the oil cooler, and finally fitted my cherry fed hazard switch whilst I was there :) great little mod this. 
Before

After

Only have crap pics atm and it really needs a wash but it's crap weather all this weekend! :(

What headlight bulbs are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk