Make a donation

Author Topic: Lakeside Karting Event - Friday August 28th.  (Read 4001 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Lakeside Karting Event - Friday August 28th.
« on: July 23, 2015, 08:59:46 am »
Following on from my previous thread about outdoor karting... http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,98757.0.html

... I said I would post up about a race at Lakeside in August so here it is.

I've been planning for ages to organise a few outdoor karting races.. intact I want to run a series of them where people can compete in a "season" if they wish. I've always wanted to race in club100 and be part of a championship but the costs are prohibitive for me at £175+ per race. So to keep costs low I'm aiming to run a series of races using the hire karts and raceware of each track we visit. Each race should be £65 or less.

Feel free to join in if your interested in the whole season or if you just want to take part in a single race. Maybe in the future if it gets very popular I'll have to restrict it to 'championship drivers' first etc but for now anyone is welcome.

2015 Round 1 – Friday August 28th, 7pm arrival – Lakeside Karting

Race Format

19:00 – Arrival, Sign in, Suit up, Briefing
20:00 – 10 min Practice / Qualifying
20:15 – Race Start. 30 min sprint from a grid start
20:50 – Trophies, Lap times

Cost and Payment

The cost is £65 per driver which is payable to me as I’ve already booked and paid for the track. Please pay via the paypal link below either using your paypal account or if you don’t have an account you can pay direct with a credit or debit card

Drivers and other details are on a little blog site I made. Apologies its so basic at the moment. I'll develop it as I go along.

https://thehirekartcup.wordpress.com

There is also a Facebook page you can like to keep up to date with new races.

Thanks and feel free to ask any questions.

Nathan
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 10:08:13 am by jedi-knight83 »
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
Re: Lakeside Karting Event - Friday August 28th.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 09:09:05 am »
Hmmmmm..... sounds fun... maybe...

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 11:08:12 am »
Hmmmmm..... sounds fun... maybe...

Maybe it sounds fun... or maybe you will race :)

Don't be put off by the idea of a 'championship', you can just race a single race, your not having to commit to anything. The championship is just there for people that want to race at all of the events.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 06:57:37 pm »
quick bump

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 03:50:07 pm »
Sorry. Me again.

I've got a small window where I could actually cancel this and get my money back.

Obviously I'd prefer to run the event and race but I've been surprised by the lack of response so perhaps people aren't interested so much in karting these days?

When I used to run events a few years ago the uptake was pretty fast and I always filled the grid.

Can I ask is it the Price? Venue? Race Format?

Anyway if anyone is actually interested if they can let me know ASAP otherwise as I say I'll have no option but to cancel and try to get my money back.

Regards

Nathan Willits

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 01:39:28 pm »
I'd be up for it but I forgot i had a prior engagement on the 28th.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 10:47:18 am »
Another little bump.. probably the last one as it doesn't seem like anyone here is interested  :roll:

Getting there slowly with the grid but it looks like all will be ok now and it will definitely go ahead. 8 Already paid and 4 more on that list I know are paying imminently.

If you are interested in this and have been holding off now is the time to let me know please :)

I've also put up the details of the next race which will be at Red Lodge at the end of September. The winner of that race will receive a refund of their race cost as a bit of a prize. See here for details.

https://thehirekartcup.wordpress.com/upcoming-races/r2-red-lodge-sept-25th/

List for Lakeside. Green = Paid
1. Nathan Willits
2. Mark Preston
3. Mikaela Kirby
4. Andrew Stefanczyk
5. Andy Otoo
6. Matteo Macchi
7. Grant Ashley-Smith
8. Tim Phelps

9. Neil Shaw-Smith
10. Stuart McLean
11. Anu Ogunade
12. Katy Ogunade
13. Kesh Naidoo
14. Clive Hill
15. Chris Pincher
16. Sally Shaw-Smith

This list will not be updated on here. Please see the website for the up to date list.

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 01:01:01 pm »
I just went to Lakeside for a 30 minute session this weekend and loved it! Got down to a 44.9 second lap but feel I could do better...

I shall have a little think over the rest of the day (only just seen this post, you see) and let you know. :happy2:

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 03:07:45 pm »
I just went to Lakeside for a 30 minute session this weekend and loved it! Got down to a 44.9 second lap but feel I could do better...

I shall have a little think over the rest of the day (only just seen this post, you see) and let you know. :happy2:

44.9isnt bad... there is much more time to find though :) There will be a mix of abilities in the race though and of course fastest lap is just half of it.. I know plenty of racers who can get a very fast lap but then then end up finishing middle of the pack as their race craft isn't as good as their fastest time would suggest :)

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 11:27:06 am »
Just paid up, can't wait now! I'm not going to aim for any particular finishing position, just want to learn how to race. Even if I battle with last place, I want to get some practise in a safe environment before taking my Golf R out on track.

I can't promise, but I'll try and attend every even as it's something I've always wanted to do. How about keeping a championship points system going?

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 03:38:50 pm »

Just paid up, can't wait now! I'm not going to aim for any particular finishing position, just want to learn how to race. Even if I battle with last place, I want to get some practise in a safe environment before taking my Golf R out on track.

I can't promise, but I'll try and attend every even as it's something I've always wanted to do. How about keeping a championship points system going?

That's what I'm going to do. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 09:05:05 pm »
Hmm, race two is the same Friday I finish a course down in Portsmouth so I may be a bit tired after driving for a few hours in total that day. Just making my excuses ahead of time... Cause that's what true racers do, right? :signLOL:

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 09:23:47 am »
Lakeside race now full.

Next race is Red Lodge on September 25th.

https://thehirekartcup.wordpress.com/upcoming-races/r2-red-lodge-sept-25th/