Make a donation

Author Topic: My first ED30 tornado red  (Read 42182 times)

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
Re: My first ED30 tornado red
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2016, 04:57:11 pm »
Car's looking great - very envious of that power - must get mine mapped! Can't believe I've resisted so long...

I can well recommend the Brembo Sport 340 mm discs too - bought a set for mine when doing the R32/S3 front brake conversion, and the ones I bought have a very good paint coating on the edges of the disc and the hub, so are still looking sharp after 8 months. I know it's aesthetic, but I just can't stand rusty brake discs! Bought mine from Opie oils on here, who also gave a forum discount  :smiley:

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 92
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2016, 05:02:16 pm »
Car's looking great - very envious of that power - must get mine mapped! Can't believe I've resisted so long...

I can well recommend the Brembo Sport 340 mm discs too - bought a set for mine when doing the R32/S3 front brake conversion, and the ones I bought have a very good paint coating on the edges of the disc and the hub, so are still looking sharp after 8 months. I know it's aesthetic, but I just can't stand rusty brake discs! Bought mine from Opie oils on here, who also gave a forum discount  :smiley:
thanks mate.

yeah i was on opies oil looking. i had brembo discs before with some sort of coating and they stayed really good.

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2016, 03:54:43 pm »

So these came today some ebc discs and pagid pads.

I did try and cancel them but they must of dispatched them on saturday so i think i'll just fit them.

Offline Spankiee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2016, 08:59:33 pm »
they look good. is it a black surface coating.
candy white edition 30

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2016, 09:09:43 pm »
they look good. is it a black surface coating.
Yeah its an anti corrosion coating it says on it. i didn't realise they had it when i bought them tbh.   

Offline Spankiee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2016, 05:17:26 pm »
where did you get them?
candy white edition 30

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2016, 05:18:39 pm »
where did you get them?
The brake discs? carpartsforless in the performance section

Offline snowley

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2016, 09:15:55 pm »
Will be interesting to see if they stay that colour for the lifetime of the disc.

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2016, 11:35:22 pm »
Will be interesting to see if they stay that colour for the lifetime of the disc.
It's just a coating. The pads will remove it and the metal will show. At least the rest of the disc will be a bit more rust resistant.

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2016, 05:38:04 pm »
Brake discs are on and new refurb kit and still my getting the same squeeking as before. am starting to think its coming from the back.

I did get to test the brakes yesterday. not paying attention and nearly going through a red light, in the rain and still stopped me pretty quick and i was actually suprised the abs didn't need to get used.

Seen these mirror caps and impulse shopping took over  never really been in to carbon mirrors but i think they look no bad.

Just noticed a massive chunk out my door aswell. pretty annoyed but am going to get it resprayed at the end if the year anyway, as the stone chips on the front are pretty bad and annoys the hell out of me when am polishing/waxing her.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:41:13 pm by howie1987 »

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2016, 06:21:21 pm »
If that's the only mark on door I would just touch it up mate!
Unless your getting wings painted when you do front end the they might aswell blend it in a little further down the door and cover the chip

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2016, 06:22:36 pm »
The red is really bad for showing stonechips. My dad just bought a red ed30 and it looked awful. Just had front end respray and much better. It's almost as bad as my black car for showing imperfections!

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2016, 06:30:43 pm »
If that's the only mark on door I would just touch it up mate!
Unless your getting wings painted when you do front end the they might aswell blend it in a little further down the door and cover the chip
My plan was to just get the front end painted and roof. but being red i just thought am aswell getting it all painted due to needing to blend it, but yeah i could save money and just see what the painter thinks. my mate knows him well so see what he says.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 06:33:31 pm by howie1987 »

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2016, 06:32:42 pm »
The red is really bad for showing stonechips. My dad just bought a red ed30 and it looked awful. Just had front end respray and much better. It's almost as bad as my black car for showing imperfections!
Yeah its bloody annoying. i don't think mine are that bad but i know they're there so it annoys me.

Someone asked me if i had got it resprayed the other day, so my waxing skills must not be to bad

Offline sm17hy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2016, 08:31:07 pm »
Brake discs are on and new refurb kit and still my getting the same squeeking as before. am starting to think its coming from the back.

I did get to test the brakes yesterday. not paying attention and nearly going through a red light, in the rain and still stopped me pretty quick and i was actually suprised the abs didn't need to get used.

Seen these mirror caps and impulse shopping took over  never really been in to carbon mirrors but i think they look no bad.

Just noticed a massive chunk out my door aswell. pretty annoyed but am going to get it resprayed at the end if the year anyway, as the stone chips on the front are pretty bad and annoys the hell out of me when am polishing/waxing her.

Check the dust cover behind the disc and see if it's catching or loose. Mine did this on the back and it had rusted on the bolt holes and became loose.

Hope this solves it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk