Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG getting jerky when engine is hot  (Read 18468 times)

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 92
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
Re: DSG getting jerky when engine is hot
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 11:01:26 pm »
No luck I'm afraid.  I've driven it a fair bit this week and it's still playing up when it's been stuck in traffic for a while.

I'm looking to get it booked in somewhere for a proper look over before something goes bang.  The gearbox whine in 1st and 2nd may be related, perhaps it is a mechanical issue with the box rather than a mechatronic or control issue and the jerking is just a symptom.

I'll get in touch with these chaps and see what they think, just need to sort some time to get it booked in.  I've heard good things about them.

http://www.gearboxnottingham.co.uk/gearbox-dsg-repair

Also just waiting to hear back from these chaps as they're a lot closer to me, although I've not heard any reviews about them.

http://www.staautogearbox.co.uk/home

Other than that, I might sneak it in for another fluid change just in case the main dealer missed something or didn't do it properly a few weeks ago.
Thats the place i took mine with the same symptoms and straight away said it was mechatronics. They can refurb them for £850.

Mine got a brandnew one though through warranty think it was just shy of £1400. Good luck

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 11:27:51 pm »
I'm having similar symptoms with mine. car feels like it's misfiring after 40miles into driving and feels sluggish. going to do a runner flap reset and if that doesn't help then delete the fecker.

Offline brinks787

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 01:49:11 pm »
No luck I'm afraid.  I've driven it a fair bit this week and it's still playing up when it's been stuck in traffic for a while.

I'm looking to get it booked in somewhere for a proper look over before something goes bang.  The gearbox whine in 1st and 2nd may be related, perhaps it is a mechanical issue with the box rather than a mechatronic or control issue and the jerking is just a symptom.

I'll get in touch with these chaps and see what they think, just need to sort some time to get it booked in.  I've heard good things about them.

Also just waiting to hear back from these chaps as they're a lot closer to me, although I've not heard any reviews about them.

Other than that, I might sneak it in for another fluid change just in case the main dealer missed something or didn't do it properly a few weeks ago.
Thats the place i took mine with the same symptoms and straight away said it was mechatronics. They can refurb them for £850.

Mine got a brandnew one though through warranty think it was just shy of £1400. Good luck

Which place did you take it mate, the Nottingham one or the other one?  Did a new Mech unit fix yours?

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2016, 01:54:17 pm »

Which place did you take it mate, the Nottingham one or the other one?  Did a new Mech unit fix yours?
Nottingham one sorry, Slaters garage is who it is very good to deal with.  Yeah it fixed it and its so much nicer to drive. No looking like your nearly stalling when taking off and it also holds on hill starts.

Mine also was really jerky in reverse. It was apparently somthing to do with valve side of the mechatronics. Good luck

Offline brinks787

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2016, 02:00:35 pm »
Thanks, I appreciate it.  The cars been good to me for the last 2 years so I don't mind forking out for a mech unit.

I'll post up when I eventually get it sorted.

Offline An0NyMOUs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 7
  • A Nuisance
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 09:20:11 am »
Checked mine yesterday, the brake pressure sits at about 0.35bar without any pressure on the pedal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2.0 FSI 4motion

Offline brinks787

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 08:54:05 pm »
Thanks An0NyMOUs, that's really kind of you to check it out for me.   :happy2:

Offline brinks787

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2016, 10:28:43 am »
Well, still no progress.

No response at all from the gearbox place nearest to me.   Next plan is either to get a local place to remove the mech unit for me and I'll send it to ECU Testing for repair or try Gearbox Nottingham (although that's likely to be a £1k+ bill).

I've also found this place who are a bit nearer in Essex.  Might try and get them to look at it for me.

http://reengineeredtransmissions.co.uk/

It's one of those annoying faults that you can live with but is making the car less enjoyable when its hot.  I'm also thinking it's not going to get better and maybe will get much worse?  Need to pull my finger out this week.

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2016, 10:41:01 am »
Well, still no progress.

No response at all from the gearbox place nearest to me.   Next plan is either to get a local place to remove the mech unit for me and I'll send it to ECU Testing for repair or try Gearbox Nottingham (although that's likely to be a £1k+ bill).

I've also found this place who are a bit nearer in Essex.  Might try and get them to look at it for me.

It's one of those annoying faults that you can live with but is making the car less enjoyable when its hot.  I'm also thinking it's not going to get better and maybe will get much worse?  Need to pull my finger out this week.
Nottingham place is £850 to remove and refurb your mech unit and change the fluid. With a years warranty on it.

Offline akbarirfan

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 81
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2016, 07:00:05 pm »
I highly recommend Bristol Gearbox Centre, they also do collection of the car with you too.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2016, 09:01:45 pm »
Go for the Bristol place

Offline brinks787

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2016, 03:20:17 pm »
Thanks all, I'm popping over to the Bristol place for a chat next week.  Great info, I didn't know about them before.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2016, 07:43:52 pm »
Thanks all, I'm popping over to the Bristol place for a chat next week.  Great info, I didn't know about them before.
I've read about the Bristol place a lot ans they are highly recommended as one of our members used then a few weeks back and he had praises all the way  :smiley:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2016, 07:44:52 pm »
Well, still no progress.

Nottingham place is £850 to remove and refurb your mech unit and change the fluid. With a years warranty on it.
Rip off  :scared:

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2016, 07:53:09 pm »
Well, still no progress.

Rip off  :scared:
Similar to other places.Anyway i couldn't care i didn't pay for mine anyway.