Make a donation

Author Topic: Replica monzas  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Tuffy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Replica monzas
« on: February 08, 2010, 09:02:45 pm »
Evening all
Just planning ahead really on if the Gti i find doesn't have 18" monzas, are the replicas a must to stay away from?? or is there really not much between the reps and originals?
Any ideas fellas?

Mark

gaz b

Re: Replica monzas
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 09:17:47 pm »

Stay away mate!. I bought a set when I got my GTI for £550!! :scared:

They have been on the car under 1 year and done less than 4k and you should see the state of them! :sick:

Managed to find myself a set of genuine monza 2's so these will get painted and kept for the winter for the wife to destroy! :signLOL:

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 01:26:25 am »
Call me a snob but I like to have original stuff. Can't imagine they will be made aswel as the BBS originals either.

There is always a set around, presonally I would go for some scratched ones and have them refurbished the way you want, may even save a few quid on a mint set.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 02:59:04 pm »
Some reps are a very good copy and not much heavier than standard (if any).

I've bought reps for a few cars in the past and I've found that as long as you don't go to the bargain basement cheap shop, you can get some gems.

My RS6 reps are almost exactly the same weight as genuine A3 S-Line 5 spokes that they mimic but they also have the advantage of a better offset, wider rim and deeper dish than the genuine ones, which is why I got them. On my last BMW, the replica wheels were actually lighter than the genuine BMW wheels and the finish was superb.

I deliberately stayed away from Monzas as the laquered finish doesn't last regardless of whether they're genuine or replica

Offline jcm76

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 02:12:25 pm »
Can anyone recommend a good set of replicas?
Maybe an ebay url:   :happy2:

Saint Steve

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 02:25:58 pm »
Someone please buy my REAL Black Huffs pllllwwwwwweeesssssee :sad1:!!

Offline tanbe174

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 03:04:23 pm »
get it from a big company if you want to buy reps such as http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/18_Inch_GTI_Style_Alloy_Wheels__68

Offline jcm76

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 04:55:11 pm »

Ok - I have sent you a Pm - but I'm new to all this.. What are Huffs? Can I paint them silver and are they the same size etc (7.5'') as the standard wheels? :ashamed:

Offline tanbe174

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 05:09:10 pm »

Ok - I have sent you a Pm - but I'm new to all this.. What are Huffs? Can I paint them silver and are they the same size etc (7.5'') as the standard wheels? :ashamed:

if you want to buy replicas. buy from wheelbase http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/18_Inch_GTI_Style_Alloy_Wheels__68
You can call them and they will answer all the silly questions.  :happy2:

Saint Steve

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 07:16:10 pm »

Huffs are Black version of the Monza II's, and do not suffer from White worm like the other type do.

These are the standard wheels that come with the Edition30 when purchased in Europe. In Uk they supplied the car with BBS Pescara's instead but you could order them as an extra on the options list.

Here is a link to my for sale thread.
All wheels are Mint condition(Boxed). They were only used for just under 3 months on the car.

If you still want pics of all 4 chap still, i will then send them on Email as you have done, but if you havent seen them, then this is what they look like..

Im not sure but these Genuine ones are nearly £400 each! from VW but im sure someone will know exactly.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,12768.0.html

You can pm me once you past ten 10 posts by the way  :happy2:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 07:19:05 pm by Saint Steve »

Offline tanbe174

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 09:48:18 pm »
Monza II 18'' silver polished diamond cut cost about £340 for EACH wheel from VW dealer  :scared:

If you want those Ed30 BBS CH . They cost about £400+ each from VW dealer.  :scared:

Prices are without tyres of course   :scared: