Make a donation

Author Topic: MK5 R32 seats  (Read 4298 times)

ari

MK5 R32 seats
« on: October 23, 2018, 12:45:46 pm »
Good morning, my first time here and i hope you can help me.

I just bought a new golf mk7.5 gti and i couldn't resist to buy a pair of mk5 r32 recaro seats.
I didn't receive the seats yet, but i know i'm going to have some troubles with the wire:

1 Driver Side Airbag
2 Passenger Side Airbag
3 Passenger Airbag
4 OSC- Passenger Weight Sensor
5 Driver Belt Tensioner
6 Passenger Belt Tensioner

5 and 6 won't be much problems. ( hope so). I can use my belts and wires without much trouble.
4 not sure if i have to use the actual gol 7.5 sensor or i can adapt the mk5 one, but i hope won't be that much.
1-2-3 is what is worrying me, what do you recommend: i have read people using/changing the airbag control unit, using resistors ( i don't even know the amp) To be honest i'm a total newb on all this things and i don't know what will be the easier/ safe way to do it.

If someone has done it or knows about, i will be glad to listen him

thanks in advance

willni

Re: MK5 R32 seats
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 06:09:48 pm »
I'm assuming by recaros you mean the wingbacks, instead of the standard recaro seats. Points 1,2 and 3 if they're seat airbags, just complete the circuits so avoid errors as the wingbacks have no airbags.

I can't remember if they have weight sensors but that'll operate on a different system i'd assume so may or may not be a case or reconnecting the mk5 plugs to the mk7 wiring.

5 and 6 by tensioner do you mean just use the mk7 seat belts? If so no adaption required, the mk7 clubsport has the exact same seats.

Don't forget now you have heated seats! You'll need to connect them up to probably a small wiring loom and new control dials if you don't already have them.

ari

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 09:33:41 am »
I'm assuming by recaros you mean the wingbacks, instead of the standard recaro seats. Points 1,2 and 3 if they're seat airbags, just complete the circuits so avoid errors as the wingbacks have no airbags.

I can't remember if they have weight sensors but that'll operate on a different system i'd assume so may or may not be a case or reconnecting the mk5 plugs to the mk7 wiring.

5 and 6 by tensioner do you mean just use the mk7 seat belts? If so no adaption required, the mk7 clubsport has the exact same seats.

Don't forget now you have heated seats! You'll need to connect them up to probably a small wiring loom and new control dials if you don't already have them.

Yeah sorry, i meant wingbacks.

What do you mean with "complete the circuits"? and yes, the wight sensor is another problem. THe new seats only have on 10pin connectors, and ofc it doesn't fit on mk7...

willni

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 01:46:39 pm »
Here's a link that will help you a lot better; https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/24646-recaro-sportster-cs/

They're Recaro Sportster CS but essentially talks about all your points; Basically code out the airbag errors with VCDs and move the occupancy sensor from the mk7 seats into the new seats  :smiley: