Author Topic: Cold Air Intake  (Read 289 times)

SebastianMk5

Cold Air Intake
« on: March 23, 2019, 07:02:43 PM »
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my neuspeed cold air intake, but I would like some feedback as to which intake would be best. I was looking at the Revo9 as well as the Forge Twintake. I've heard a lot of good stuff about both, but I am still not sure as to which one would be best performance wise.

Thank you!

Offline Pudding

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 436
Re: Cold Air Intake
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 10:14:00 AM »
They're all the same.  Loads of noise, no gains until 5000rpm, questionable MAF scaling.  Take your pick.
Black Edition 30 with manually selected cogs, a beefier clutch, some extra boost and them Whiteline thingies, otherwise standard.

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 180
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 10:58:05 AM »
Pudding just loves a filter on a pipe  :signLOL:
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Pudding

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 436
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 11:41:05 AM »
I've tried the Revo and VWR intakes (which are apparently the best ones!) but didn't like either of them  :grin:

I'm not anti-intake per se, just anti THAT way of doing it because on the MK5 especially, dumping the silly oval MAF and engine cover arrangement seems to cause grief.

There's got to be a better way.....I just haven't figured out what yet  :grin:
Black Edition 30 with manually selected cogs, a beefier clutch, some extra boost and them Whiteline thingies, otherwise standard.

Offline Northern_ED30

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 11:33:41 PM »
What you're describing could be why a lot of people see "sticky revs" i'm assuming.