Make a donation

Author Topic: Brand Art Creations- An Intro and question  (Read 6874 times)

Offline 08micsta

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
Brand Art Creations- An Intro and question
« on: January 01, 2009, 06:04:44 pm »
Hello everyone

Welcome to 2009 and I hope everyone an absolutely fantastic year.

I would like to take some time to introduce everyone here to my company currently known as Brand Art creations. I have a very specific reason for doing this tonight.

Brand Art Creations specializes in the sourcing, branding and manufacturing of various products for either personal use or to promote your company. I have however decided to be different from the other companies that do this sort of work too. I want to create what the customer wnats. Not what he sees in a catalouge.

So here is the task.

I want you guys to think up a variety of goods, or accessories that you would like to see in your GTi. It can be door inserts as seen by Gulfstream or even the branding of your edition 30 placque on a gearstick. A certain butterfly tells me that most of the parts for your vehicles are in fact manufactured in South Africa. With the rand being very weak this gives you guys a great oppertunity for high quality and affordable goods as seen by the MK5 Golf GTi Calendar.

My first prject that Im currently working on:

WhiteGTidriver a member on our "sister" forum visited SA in October and purchased from VW a spoiler for his vehicle. According to him and the people at VW nobody has this in the UK and its not available.

What is it?:

If you look on the lip of your bonnet you get stone chips etc. Now in SA VW sell carbon fibre stone guards that clip onto that lining. This looks fresh and does not damage the vehicles paint like some bonnet bra's do.

Why?:

The product looks very good on the GTi and flows along the bonnet edge in the front. A bit like a spoiler. Not only is it trendy but it also protects the paint.

Whats unique about it?:

This is where I want my company to be a step ahead. I want to have either .:R32, Edition 30, or Golf GTI branded onto the carbon fibre. I may have it either engraved, screen printed or have actual placques made up. You can choose which you want and I can do a few group buys.

I do have a picture that WhiteGTidriver sent me of his but just need to download it still and try find a way to upload it (Im using my phone to post this).  When I do get the pic up I please try imagine the branding in the middle of the spoiler.

Who would be interested in this product? How much would you be willing to pay?  And who has suggestions for other products?

Your help would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to your suggestions.

Mike
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Brand Art Creations- An Intro and question
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 06:24:11 pm »

As I'm sure you already realise, we need to see pics.

Personally, I think that branding it would make it look like a stick-on accessory and therefore naff. If it was visibly branded I probably wouldn't buy it, even if I liked the product.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 06:28:42 pm »

As I'm sure you already realise, we need to see pics.

Personally, I think that branding it would make it look like a stick-on accessory and therefore naff. If it was visibly branded I probably wouldn't buy it, even if I liked the product.

Lol, powerful words from Mr Robin!

Agree though, pics would be nice if you can source them!

Credit to you for starting your own business  :happy2: :happy2:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 06:29:58 pm »
That is fair. I will have a picture up on the fourth. My net connection here (im away on holiday) wont upload images. I will try make a plan though. The branding if there would be branding would be in the gti font. And i have seen roof  mercs etc with these spoilers and  the branding and it looks good. Obviously. Im im taking personal orders i can always arrange one thats not branded. Mike
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline CocoPops

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 11
    • Kennet Heath
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 06:40:35 pm »
Can you email the pic to anyone and they can host?

I'll do it (lee.cripps(at)mac.com) if you need me to.

Cheers,

Lee.

Used to Own: 2008 GTI Ed30 | ITG Intake | Miltek TBE System | Bluefin Stage 2 | 327bhp
On Order: 2017 Golf GTI Performance Pack 5dr DSG
Also own: 2016 Lotus Evora 400

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 06:42:51 pm »
^^^^

Of course, there's branding and there's branding - I think that any branding shouldn't compete in its visual emphasis with the car's oem badging. I also think that including the word "Golf" is a negative - The GTI is more than just a Golf imo.

We all look forward to the pics :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 06:58:58 pm »
Hello guys. I have emailed richard. The only of the car if he wouldnt mind hosting it for me and posting it up here. So hopefully have a pic in the next 24 hours. Unless someone wants to give me an address quickly and resize it as well as post it up here for me too. I would really appreciate it. Mike

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 07:00:05 pm »
send it to me Micsta you know the address.  :rolleye:

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 07:07:31 pm »
Thanks tc. But i emailed it to cocopops. Hopefully he can get  it up. Im running my 3g connection here and it refuses to upload. . . I feel like a right tart here.lol. Mike

Offline CocoPops

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 11
    • Kennet Heath
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 07:08:23 pm »

Quick enough? ;)
Used to Own: 2008 GTI Ed30 | ITG Intake | Miltek TBE System | Bluefin Stage 2 | 327bhp
On Order: 2017 Golf GTI Performance Pack 5dr DSG
Also own: 2016 Lotus Evora 400

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 07:13:31 pm »
Brilliant! thank you very much. You guys can see that as it is. Its kinda  just dull. Thats why i suggested the branding. Mike

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 07:21:14 pm »
Is that what it looks like properly fitted?

There's a gap to one side above the right headlamp. Is that normal or just improperly fitted? If it covered that bit too, I'd be more interested.

As for branding, I wouldn't do much more than add 'GTI' in red. The CF alone is enough.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 07:31:39 pm »
Im not entirely with you on that one stealth. The right side should look exactly like the left side does. Im more than certain its correctly fitted. What are the feelings on this product? yes no?

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 07:38:50 pm »
Im not keen on the product. I think it over-complicates the front end of the car (haha I'm not exactly one to speak really am I, with a huge great big black vinyl on the front of mine).

At the end of the day, some will love it, some will hate it. I think your also not helped by the fact that it is a hideous piece of photography - although I'm guessing that that photo was taken in a rush and not planned!

A clear film would be better to protect the car from stonechips - but I appreciate that that does your business plan no favours  :grin: :grin:

I think your business idea is a good one, and when you find the right products to use it on, it will be good! (Obviously I know that this was why you started this topic!)

Best of luck  :happy2:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 07:40:22 pm »
I was talking about the gap over the drivers' side headlamp

Too confusing.
Big gap over the offside headlamp. Can't see the nearside headlamp fitting. Essentially, if there was no gap, I'd go for it. I'd prefer a bonnet bra because it covers the whole front edge of the bonnet.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.