Author Topic: Who still uses main dealers to service and maintain their little pride and joy??  (Read 1905 times)

Offline amanda

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 12
Was trying to see if I could get a poll going for the above but I cannot seem to find one!!!! :fighting:

So as they say.........for the sh*ts n giggles let’s see if anyone does  :signLOL:

Well I do!!!!!

And I know someone else does but wether he will admit to it is another question  :thinking:

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MK5 ED30

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 781
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
Not used a main dealer for years.

Offline Pudding

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 472
I did until my service book ran out of space last year.  I think that's enough dealer servicing for a 12 year old car  :smiley:   I do everything myself now using dealer parts only.  Well, I always did the big jobs myself anyway but having a 'limited edition' I thought it prudent to keep service stamps up......but I don't think that matters past 100K tbh.  100K still is and will always be a mental barrier for 99% of used car buyers.  Even if you could demonstrate a team of VW engineers from Germany flew over and personally mollycoddled your car every year......it would make no difference in terms of resale value.  All people care about is mileage, in spite of it not being a reliable measure of condition.
Black Edition 30 with manually selected cogs, a beefier clutch, some extra boost and them Whiteline thingies, otherwise standard.

Offline sprint_48

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
I used VW in Cirencester once with my first Mk5 GTI, but discovered a few days later they had cracked my engine cover!  The ‘free valet’ was s**t as well.  Not been back since.

Online terrier

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 8
Not used a main dealer for years.
Same here. Only been to dealers once in 12 years for a warranty issue. Do my own work, servicing, replacing and repairing. Just as long as the net doesn't get switched off Ill be OK :smiley:
brakes, rims, hatch, handle, head unit, rust rust and more rust needing attention

Offline Pudding

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 472
I used VW in Cirencester once with my first Mk5 GTI, but discovered a few days later they had cracked my engine cover!  The ‘free valet’ was s**t as well.  Not been back since.

Yep, because they yank the cover off like a deranged Orangutan when the engine is cold instead of lifting it off a hot engine gently.  Demand they replace it.  A nice £450+VAT lesson for them.  Knobbers.   Yep VW valets are sh*te and I always decline them.
Black Edition 30 with manually selected cogs, a beefier clutch, some extra boost and them Whiteline thingies, otherwise standard.

Offline willni

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 30
    • Email
Serviced myself, my local place doesn't do everything you ask and obviously would never take a "free valet".

My daily is getting serviced by them, £40 for two oil changes so I'll be providing the oil and instructing them not to wash it

Offline PFMC84

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Considering their prices and how much less a local garage (with a more pleasant and easy to deal with mechanic) is, I'd use local garages every time.