Make a donation

Author Topic: “RacingLine” OEM+ remap - any experiences?  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Martyn77

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
“RacingLine” OEM+ remap - any experiences?
« on: January 17, 2020, 07:26:49 pm »
Hi all

Can’t see anything on this using the search function.

Anyone had a RacingLine remap?

https://www.racingline.com/oem

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
Re: “RacingLine” OEM+ remap - any experiences?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 06:41:21 am »
There’s generally mixed feelings about Racingline on this site and I get the sense they are more focused on mk7s than 5s. Revo / APR are both very good but quite expensive for these old cars, with RTec offering a remap plus inlet/injector clean for the same price.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 676
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 02:57:18 pm »
It's just the usual map written/plagiarised by guys in Eastern Europe.  Racingline just resell it with their usual massive mark up.   They will never get another penny from me.  They are a useless bunch of clowns.

I was offered one of their maps for testing and review in return for driving up there and helping them out with their intake kit (which never amounted to anything), but they said "Oh, we don't have a file for your car on the server"  :doh:   I'd have been pissed if I'd driven all that way to pay for it!!

Don't give them your money either. Go with R-Tech or Revo etc. RacingLine embellish everything they sell, don't believe their marketing BS and pretty website.  It's all hollow nonsense.

I did quite like their Spring/damper kit initially, but it proved way too soft for my kind of driving and I got a massive understeer moment with it aswell, which the knackered standard suspension never did, and neither do my coilovers.  Same corner, same tyres, same entry speed.  The Racinglines nearly spat me off the road.  They didn't actually make it.  They put black paint over the original orange, who ever made them.  Cheap Konis possibly.  They just specified poor damper rates.

So no, I really don't rate their products at all as you can tell by my scorched earth fury  :grin:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 03:08:43 pm by Pudding »

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Martyn77

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 07:21:28 pm »
Thanks guys, will avoid!!!

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 09:11:17 am »
I've never had an issue with racingline products. I preferred their intake over the revo one and their springs and anti roll bar has some very good reviews.

That being said I would always go r tech for a remap.