Make a donation

Author Topic: Key combos  (Read 4898 times)

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
Re: Key combos
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 06:08:38 pm »
Id be interested in hearing how this is resolved, since I've picked up my car the remote open/close windows doesn't work and the boot opening button doesn't seem to work at all.  Not really bothered but it would be nice to have these features...

Well after reading the handbook today to see how to synch the remote and the car (its just unlock with the blade then start the car within 15 seconds - thats it) I discovered the problem with the boot unlocking.....I was doing it wrong!  :ashamed: Apparantly you have to hold the boot button for 2 seconds before the boot unlocks.  Previously I was just bliping the button!  Still have to sort the windows.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 10:43:05 pm »
Do you hold down the button to open your window? You have to press it for aaaaaaaaages before the windows go down.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 05:17:11 am »
Lol. You have to hold the unlock button for about four seconds. Then they go down. Mike
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 08:12:12 am »
 :ashamed:

I do know about holding it down for the windows, I have held it down for quite a while and nothing happened but I am impatient so my 'quite a while' maybe isn't long enough.  I'll investigate this later.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 09:40:59 pm »
Somehow, probably with pressing all the keys on the fob when bored, I've managed to bugger a few things up. Only happened in the last month.

1. Windows no longer wind up and down once the car's turned off. Really annoying because it used to be so useful.

2. Can't open the boot without using the boot button, even when I'm in the car and all the doors are open (double-press door open button on door).

Any ideas on how to correct it all?

Stealthwolf is right on this isn't he, as in when parked, there's no other button in the car for opening the boot and you must use the key fob button, even if it's in the ignition?

Ta,
Pete.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 09:45:55 pm »
Lol this was from ages ago.

Anyway, what I've found is that if I'm driving, doors locked, then I park and open the door locks (double pressing the door open button on the car door), the boot won't open until the driver's door has been opened (can be closed straight away). Haven't tested it for other doors (have 5dr).

Guess maybe it's some kind of security feature?
Does it happen to anyone else?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Rich

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 10:04:29 pm »
Can you program the car yourself to make the windows go up soon as you lock the car... ?

i know about holding the lock/unlock button down for a few seconds does it... but it would be nice for them to go up on their own  :smiley:

Anyone know ?
~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 09:13:00 pm »
Lol this was from ages ago.

Anyway, what I've found is that if I'm driving, doors locked, then I park and open the door locks (double pressing the door open button on the car door), the boot won't open until the driver's door has been opened (can be closed straight away). Haven't tested it for other doors (have 5dr).

Guess maybe it's some kind of security feature?
Does it happen to anyone else?

Indeed, sorry to being back from the dead. Didn't think it warranted a new thread  :laugh:

That's cool, cheers for the tip. Mine's three door anyhow.
I just found it a little mystifying as to why there wasn't an open boot button in the car itself, but you can press and hold the boot button even if it's in the ignition... (just about).
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2009, 09:37:32 pm »
i normally hit the unlock button on the key fob twice and then open my boot or press the unlock button inside the car and that unlocks mine no problem (3 door)  :happy2:

but yeah ive had issues with the middle button tbh i thought it didnt work  :signIWS: will try the 4 second thing but its easier to just press top button twice quickly i reckon
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!