Make a donation

Author Topic: BBS Monza Valves  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Bliv79

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
BBS Monza Valves
« on: June 29, 2020, 06:32:27 pm »
Hi, I have recently had a set of 18 " BBS Monza alloys refurbed which I brought a few months without tyres to replace my existing17" alloys. This weekend I went to have a set of tyres fitted & they were unable to fit them as it turns out normal rubber valves do not fit. I have found a couple of old posts ref this but nothing recent. I spoke to my local vw dealer & they quoted £25 per valve has anybody found a solution to this problem or somewhere else to get them from ? Wheel part number is 1ko 601 025 AH & I believe the valve number required is 1ko 601 361.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 99
    • Email
Re: BBS Monza Valves
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 01:06:41 pm »
Yes I had a similar problem a year or 2 ago. I couldn't find an alternate supplier for the valves either. The later Monza wheel part number ends in BA and these have the rubber valves, I ended up buying a set of these wheels and selling my originals so no more silly metal valves.

Offline OldGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 07:04:04 pm »
I was told that too by first aid wheels when they offered me a set to swap with mine. They wanted and extra £100 just for the valves so left them with my wheels and went back once they were done as seemed silly money. I have also been told metal valves are bad news as the caps lock on.

Offline Bliv79

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 09:17:20 pm »
I was told that too by first aid wheels when they offered me a set to swap with mine. They wanted and extra £100 just for the valves so left them with my wheels and went back once they were done as seemed silly money. I have also been told metal valves are bad news as the caps lock on.
It is silly money for what they are compared to what the rubber valves cost & annoying it seems to be a vw part only but wanted to see if there was a way round it before I give in & go back to vw, although when I put the wheels away last night i noticed the tyre company had left a rubber valve in one of the wheels but whether it wasn't a good enough fit & would leak I'm not to sure. 

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Offline shail

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 32
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,99663.msg979899.html#msg979899
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 10:20:27 pm »
When I had my 18s refurbed I looked into getting new valves.  In the end I didn't need them as runner ones fitted (wheel part number end with BA or AM). 

Just searched eBay and these may work for your at £12 each.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402191321447