Make a donation

Author Topic: Michelin Ps4 tyres. Still the go too....  (Read 1930 times)

Offline imprezzaworks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 6
Michelin Ps4 tyres. Still the go too....
« on: July 27, 2020, 04:29:17 pm »
Can get 4x Ps4 through ats (next door to my work) for £317 fitted. Seems a decent price.

Offline GTI DAZ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
  • My Ride: Previous: Mk7.5 Fiesta ST, Current: None, future: MK5 GTI
Re: Michelin Ps4 tyres. Still the go too....
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 08:50:03 am »
if thats 225/40/18, that is good.

cheapest i've seen is £82 a corner from camskills (plus fitting) (£328 a set)

Offline imprezzaworks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 10:08:00 am »
Michelin are doing a promotion of £50 off if you buy 4. That and a little bit of discount.

Don't camskill charge like £4 per tyre ref delivery?

Online terrier

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 35
  • My Ride: GTI now gone
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 11:41:59 am »
Camskill have always been good for price but adding fitting at £10/£20 per tyre soon adds up.
 Some fitters wont fit unless own supply, will charge for valves and the important nitrogen fill :grin: :grin:
 ATS will be hard to beat at that price :happy2:

Offline TheBALDpuma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 09:28:54 pm »
The new Pirelli PZero PZ4 wins the Evo tyre test here, winning dry and wet handing tests amongst a bunch of others. And the test car was a Golf GTI

I've just put a pair on mine, but it is a Pirelli edition!

https://www.evo.co.uk/features/18309/best-car-tyres-evo-performance-tyre-test

Plus they're generally £10 a corner cheaper than the Michelin PS4
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 09:30:33 pm by TheBALDpuma »

Offline LC5F

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 09:53:31 pm »
I usually get my tyres from Camskill, the courier does add and I get a mobile fitter swing round -once all is done its only £5 to £10 cheaper - But the big win is I jack the car up, so my sills don't get F'd up.

Will try Ps4 next time around - too many positives reviews/comments to ignore.
Pirelli - far too many bad experiences with them in the past - never running them on any car of mine

Online terrier

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 35
  • My Ride: GTI now gone
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 07:16:11 pm »
I usually get my tyres from Camskill, the courier does add and I get a mobile fitter swing round -once all is done its only £5 to £10 cheaper - But the big win is I jack the car up, so my sills don't get F'd up.

Will try Ps4 next time around - too many positives reviews/comments to ignore.
Pirelli - far too many bad experiences with them in the past - never running them on any car of mine
Very good point about jacking the car yourself or put it on stands. I sent a mobile fitter away after i caught him about to  jack the middle of  the sill  "It'll be quicker this way" he said.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 02:57:28 pm »
Yes, my passenger side sill is folded in behind the sill cover from some pillock not knowing what he was doing. Luckily it’s not a structural area. I baulk when I see Americans on youtube jacking up monocoque cars like they are ladder frame trucks  :doh:

I have the same opinion of Pirelli. When the factory fitted contis wore out on my missus’s old 9N3 Polo GTI, the dealer fitted P zeroes and they ruined the car. Never using them again!

Conti extreme are supposed to be good, not sure if they’re available here (uk) though.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 03:00:32 pm by Pudding »

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline chigmuss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 08:57:07 pm »
Costco have PSS for £103 each and £80 off if 4 bought together. They did have a similar deal on PS4 but I can't see it listed currently. Nitrogen fill if you're swayed by that too.

Offline TheBALDpuma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 09:02:23 pm »
Yes, my passenger side sill is folded in behind the sill cover from some pillock not knowing what he was doing. Luckily it’s not a structural area. I baulk when I see Americans on youtube jacking up monocoque cars like they are ladder frame trucks  :doh:

I have the same opinion of Pirelli. When the factory fitted contis wore out on my missus’s old 9N3 Polo GTI, the dealer fitted P zeroes and they ruined the car. Never using them again!

Conti extreme are supposed to be good, not sure if they’re available here (uk) though.

I honestly don't see how a tyre that wins tyre tests, made be one of the biggest premium tyre companies can ruin a Polo GTi - are you sure you're not exaggerating a bit  :grin: :grin: :grin:

I drive my cars hard, occasionally take them on track and regularly drive for enjoyment of driving fast in great roads in the dales, peaks, lakes, North York Moors etc and I honestly can't feel any difference between the adored PS4 and the PZero on the same car.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2020, 12:40:04 pm »

I honestly don't see how a tyre that wins tyre tests, made be one of the biggest premium tyre companies can ruin a Polo GTi - are you sure you're not exaggerating a bit  :grin: :grin: :grin:

I drive my cars hard, occasionally take them on track and regularly drive for enjoyment of driving fast in great roads in the dales, peaks, lakes, North York Moors etc and I honestly can't feel any difference between the adored PS4 and the PZero on the same car.

It's no exaggeration, I assure you  :grin: 

Obviously the P Zero has improved a lot and I'm glad you like them  :smiley:   Evo are a well respected magazine so I'm confident there's no paid shilling going on there!

To flesh the story out a little, the Polo shenanigans was back in 2009 when the P Zero didn't have the standard asymmetric tread pattern they all have these days.  Asymmetrics work well on cars that run very little, or no toe in/out, such as the Golf/Polo......because reasons that are boring  :grin:

On the Polo, the older P zeroes caused excessive wandering, tramlining and they was just a lot harsher than the Contisport Contact 2s they replaced.  We had the car from new so we knew it wasn't anything to do with the car itself.

That experience plus previous experience of P6000, P600 and another model I forget now.....put me off the brand!  Happy to try the newer one if it's got forum endorsement though.  I'll just blame you if I find them to be worse than the PS4  :grin:

Edit: I dug through my old invoices and it was the P Zero 'Nero'.  Not the best reviewing tyre and I definitely do not recommend them on a GTI  :grin: https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Pirelli/PZero-Nero.htm
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 12:49:19 pm by Pudding »

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline imprezzaworks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2020, 06:00:52 pm »
Cheers guys

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2020, 06:34:58 pm »
Also look at the good year super sports tyre