Author Topic: Front Anti roll bar bushes  (Read 211 times)

Offline chimp400

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
  • My Ride: 2008 Edition 30, TVR Chimaera
Front Anti roll bar bushes
« on: November 10, 2020, 07:23:49 AM »
Doing a front bush refurb slowly and would like to do the Arb bushes.
I’ve read it’s a subframe down job to do these, mine look awkward but accessible.
Can anyone confirm the above?
2008 Edition 30, R-Tech Stage 1, BCS Prestige Cat Back Exhaust, Vwr Suspension Kit.

Offline mjmallia

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
Re: Front Anti roll bar bushes
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 07:44:58 AM »
The subframe gets lowered to remove the bar.......then you need to drill out the bolt that holds each clamp together (later replaced with a normal nut and bolt) to be able to open it up and remove the bush.

I suppose you could try and do it in place, but do not know of anyone that has succeeded as sure they would have tried.

Offline colesey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 79
Re: Front Anti roll bar bushes
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 06:10:09 AM »
If you’re pulling off the subframe (and needing to do an alignment session afterwards) then you may as well consider upgrading the arbs at the same time.  I also have the racingline suspension and found the ‘small’ H&R arb kit to be pretty worthwhile in both reducing roll and, I feel more importantly, making the car rotate better into corners. Ride quality remains decent and @Pudding was also pleased when he did his car with Eibach bars despite already having Ohlins.

Another good mod whilst you’re at it is the Powerflex engine mount inserts, as that takes out a lot of the rocking and improves throttle response / traction. Lots of these small nudges can make the car more rewarding to drive.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 12:04:54 PM by colesey »