Make a donation

Author Topic: Boot won’t open?  (Read 814 times)

Offline frasermk5

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Boot won’t open?
« on: March 31, 2021, 09:00:45 pm »
I bought a MK5 GTI last week, and I’m getting a bit suspicious/paranoid. I noticed the other day that it has the boot lid opener from the MK6 and not the MK5 (3D logo, no soft close etc) went to open it today and the boot will not open. Wiring seems fine but not looked in great detail, does it just need a new lock module? No codes coming up, rear lights and wiper still work, just boot doesn’t open.

Offline mjmallia

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Boot won’t open?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 07:22:46 am »
Mine had an issue like this a couple of months ago, but would not close.......then it would not open.

Thankfully there is an emergency open lever if you climb into the boot from the rear seats.

It ended up being broken wired in the tailgate joint, so reconnected the broken wires with some bridge wire to give more slack as they are tight in there and all is good.
Mike

South Coast

S3 8L ---- Golf Mk4 GT TDI ---- Lupo GTI ----  A4 B6 Sline ---- Golf Mk5 GTI

Offline probedb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 7
Re: Boot won’t open?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 08:25:24 pm »
More than likely the loom. Has anything else stopped working like the rear demist or wiper? My loom (passenger side) needs replacing and there are repair kits just for the bit between the car and boot. The connector for the high level brake light appears to be the PITA when replacing the entire loom.

There's at least one guide on here to do it should you need to :)