Make a donation

Author Topic: Central Locking issue  (Read 295 times)

Offline thomsonpop

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Central Locking issue
« on: March 23, 2023, 02:33:19 pm »
I fitted a new driver's side window actuator on the GFs Eddy last weekend. If anyone has done this they will know that the outer and inner door panels have to come off and as part of that, the outer door handle has to come off too.
I was well chuffed that I got through it all and got it back together with the new actuator doing its job as it should.

HOWEVER!!!

Now the central locking is playing up... often not unlocking any doors at all OR unlocking all the doors except the driver's. what could I have done wrong? One thought was that when I reattached the cable to the handle, I located it in the wrong place so it is too tight. Could that be causing the C Locking to jam? My GF says now sometimes the handle pulls out more than usual (which could go against my suspicion about the cable being too tight).

I feel like a right idiot as I was trying to do her a favour by fixing one problem, but I worry now I have caused another – or is it just coincidence...???

Your advice, please!!

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 100
    • Email
Re: Central Locking issue
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 02:42:11 pm »
no such thing as coincidence in this type of scenario in my opinion, I think you've caused it somehow, but I can't guess how.  :smiley:

Offline thomsonpop

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Central Locking issue
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 04:21:16 pm »
I think you are right... but what could have happened is the big question...!!