Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
September 28, 2026, 09:32:07 pm
News:
Home
Forum
Mods
Modifications Catalogue
Detailing Catalogue
Login
Register
Search
MK5 Golf GTI
»
Forum
»
All Things Mk5
»
Mk5 General Area
»
Metal tyre valves for early Mk5 GTI, hollow BBS wheels – the solution!
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Metal tyre valves for early Mk5 GTI, hollow BBS wheels – the solution! (Read 17 times)
johnsimister
Can't Read PM's Yet!
Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0
Posts: 7
Metal tyre valves for early Mk5 GTI, hollow BBS wheels – the solution!
«
on:
Today
at 06:27:15 pm »
The original VW-supplied valves, 1K0601361, haven't been available for some time. I tried ones from eBay that were promised to fit, but they lacked one sealing washer, leaked and were too short so needed an infuriating extension every time the tyre pressures were checked. Then I tried some from PW Motorsport, which were better but again leaked a bit and were still on the short side. Then I found these from Design 911, intended for a BBS M408 wheel as used on some 911s:
https://www.design91.uk/p/metal-valve-stem/?currency=GBP&country=GB&ppc_keyword=&gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=17348469743&gclid=CjwKCAjwwrPVBhA1EiwAv_YO-SkkvMRFlLARxlmITUUP-mFcQAPIhA4xKVyyEVV5fCbZEIMnA5XfpRoCYeAQAvD_BwE#fancybox-Metal%20Valve%20Stem%2045MM%20for%20M408%20Hollow%20spoke%20wheels%20only-2
They appear to be exactly the same as the VW originals, have the right nuts and sealing washers and are the right length. They are now fitted and all is good. Just because they are no longer available from VW doesn't mean thet are no longer made!
I hope this is useful to someone. I wish I had found out about them sooner before wasting £100+ on two lots of valves plus the expense of having them fitted.
John
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
MK5 Golf GTI
»
Forum
»
All Things Mk5
»
Mk5 General Area
»
Metal tyre valves for early Mk5 GTI, hollow BBS wheels – the solution!