Make a donation

Author Topic: NQS BBK A Not Quite So Big Brake Kit..NQS Rear mods now.....  (Read 421364 times)

Kam88

Re: NQS BBK A Not Quite So Big Brake Kit..NQS Rear mods now.....
« Reply #915 on: September 13, 2015, 08:21:43 pm »
What brake pads are people running on road setup and i am getting fed up with my standard brake pads squealing any solutions for this. Heat plates fitted greased everywhere yet still doing it driving me mad !

Offline spb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #916 on: September 13, 2015, 08:39:08 pm »
Pagid RS 29... Squealing like a train ☺

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Kam88

« Reply #917 on: September 14, 2015, 06:06:45 pm »
Pagid RS 29... Squealing like a train ☺

These seem to be really expensive any other cheaper option ? :signLOL:

Offline spb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #918 on: September 14, 2015, 08:25:45 pm »
Beside the price, which is justified somehow with the pad performance, low disc wear, long life, good initial bite, nice fade resistance etc... These pads are damn noisy. Maybe Pagid sport is an option... Better than stock performance wise and half the price of any RS pads

Kam88

« Reply #919 on: September 14, 2015, 08:35:38 pm »
Beside the price, which is justified somehow with the pad performance, low disc wear, long life, good initial bite, nice fade resistance etc... These pads are damn noisy. Maybe Pagid sport is an option... Better than stock performance wise and half the price of any RS pads

I appreciate it but this car will never see the track  :signLOL: they are already a massive upgrade to the standard ed30 brakes so i am more then happy with them just the bloody noise !!!!! :signLOL:

Offline AndyED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 11
  • ED30
    • Email
« Reply #920 on: September 18, 2015, 11:48:27 am »
Textar OEM Porsche pads and anti-rattle shims.......................VERY few squeeks if ever.  :happy2:

Kam88

« Reply #921 on: September 18, 2015, 11:53:31 am »
Textar OEM Porsche pads and anti-rattle shims.......................VERY few squeeks if ever.  :happy2:

Got the shims and paid pads and every time i press the pedal i get noise

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 450
« Reply #922 on: September 18, 2015, 12:54:58 pm »
Did you bed in your pads?
I had terrible squealing when I first installed my pads but this disappeared after some high speed slow downs.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline nick0188

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #923 on: September 30, 2015, 03:01:32 pm »

Are you getting the clicking noise I talked about before?  Or sqealing? 

To update my previous post, I replaced my pads and rotors (both only had ~10k miles, but the rotors were junk) and the clicking noise went away....for about a 2 weeks.  I'm assuming because the pistons didn't have to move very far due to the new pads the noise dissapeared.  Now that they have some miles on them, the clicking noise is back.  It's driving me absolutely crazy!  Anyone else have this issue, or have had it and fixed it?  I'm assuming at this stage of the game, the only option I now have is to remove the calipers again and clean/replace the seals and dust shields to see if that makes a difference.  They aren't leaking any fluid, so that seems to remove the possibility of the seals being bad and making the noise.  Only other thing I can think of is something with the dust shields. 

As for squealing, with Stoptech street pads and the vibration dampers I get absolutely zero sqeaking or sqealing.  Just the gosh darn clicking when applying the brake.  And I can only hear it when I'm stopped. 

Kam88

« Reply #924 on: September 30, 2015, 09:03:25 pm »

To update my previous post, I replaced my pads and rotors (both only had ~10k miles, but the rotors were junk) and the clicking noise went away....for about a 2 weeks.  I'm assuming because the pistons didn't have to move very far due to the new pads the noise dissapeared.  Now that they have some miles on them, the clicking noise is back.  It's driving me absolutely crazy!  Anyone else have this issue, or have had it and fixed it?  I'm assuming at this stage of the game, the only option I now have is to remove the calipers again and clean/replace the seals and dust shields to see if that makes a difference.  They aren't leaking any fluid, so that seems to remove the possibility of the seals being bad and making the noise.  Only other thing I can think of is something with the dust shields. 

As for squealing, with Stoptech street pads and the vibration dampers I get absolutely zero sqeaking or sqealing.  Just the gosh darn clicking when applying the brake.  And I can only hear it when I'm stopped.

I just get very annoying squeezing  :signLOL:

Offline AIR_CHILLED

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #925 on: September 30, 2015, 09:39:17 pm »
Kam88, I recall that you have fitted the 996 calipers and not 986 correct?
If so are you using the correct anti-rattle bracket that come with them as they are different to the 'NQSBBK' 986 ones.
They have a cylindrical piece at each end of the bracket do they not?

Also don't discount the seals if they are unknown, removing the pistons and inspecting the bores, pistons and seals for wear is important even if they don't leak they might be causing the noise.

Brakes International are you friends on this one, kits come to £36 for both seals and dust boots.
Worth doing for peace of mind and they should last another 20 years!

Mike.

Kam88

« Reply #926 on: September 30, 2015, 10:04:41 pm »
Kam88, I recall that you have fitted the 996 calipers and not 986 correct?
If so are you using the correct anti-rattle bracket that come with them as they are different to the 'NQSBBK' 986 ones.
They have a cylindrical piece at each end of the bracket do they not?

Also don't discount the seals if they are unknown, removing the pistons and inspecting the bores, pistons and seals for wear is important even if they don't leak they might be causing the noise.

Brakes International are you friends on this one, kits come to £36 for both seals and dust boots.
Worth doing for peace of mind and they should last another 20 years!

Mike.

To be honest i really couldn't tell you exactly which ones as i can't tell difference myself by looking at them. The cylindrical piece sounds right which then would be 996 as you said. I have the anti squeal plates paid pads lots of grease and it seems to be fine generally but then after some use starts to squeal LOADS to be honest i wouldn't mind doing the seals myself just not sure if i will end up destroying it and then paying someone to correct it  :signLOL:

I have read few posts where people upgraded to different pads and then problem solved but last thing i want to do is end up spending more money on pads and not getting rid of the noise

Offline AIR_CHILLED

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #927 on: September 30, 2015, 10:23:28 pm »
Tough one to call, taking your brakes off the car at any point is inconvenient and the extra expense is a PITA.
FYI I have brake squeal mainly at low speeds or going from reverse to forward although yours clicks.
I have bought everything to mitigate the issue but I think this is just inherent of the Porsche set-up and a well documented issue.
I didn't have any squeal to begin with, only appeared 1-2k onwards.
I hope you get it sorted soon!

Mike.

Offline spb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #928 on: September 30, 2015, 10:44:45 pm »

I guess it's just us with the stupid clicking. I wonder if one of the brakes gurus can shed some light in this matter. I thing I will refurb the calipers one more time...

Kam88

« Reply #929 on: October 01, 2015, 11:03:19 am »
Tough one to call, taking your brakes off the car at any point is inconvenient and the extra expense is a PITA.
FYI I have brake squeal mainly at low speeds or going from reverse to forward although yours clicks.
I have bought everything to mitigate the issue but I think this is just inherent of the Porsche set-up and a well documented issue.
I didn't have any squeal to begin with, only appeared 1-2k onwards.
I hope you get it sorted soon!

Mike.

Mine is ones driven for few miles harder then squeals really weird