Make a donation

Author Topic: Been out in a Golf R  (Read 33872 times)

Offline candy turbo

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
Re: Been out in a Golf R
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2010, 06:18:49 pm »
my sales man mate who s been driving around in a basic R  since its launch has now got a red 3 door gti with all the spec and tbh its :drool: :drool: :drool:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2010, 06:59:52 pm »
Take the blinkers off RR, theres a whole world out there :happy2: :wink:

was just about to say that.

Its like my mate who wont eat chinese, indian or anything that issnt a burger for that matter.

Dont let that be you RR.

I couldnt care less about the badge on the bonnet, I will just buy whatever suits my circumstances best at the time.

....That's exactly why I bought a Golf instead of another BMW - A far better (for my needs) allrounder - Simples.

I'm just more settled and mature than some people and I know what I like and what suits my lifestyle.  :happy2:

I believe thats called boring and predictable  :P

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2010, 07:29:54 pm »
this happens on every forum. people become so obsessed with their marque of vehicle, believing that their car is the best and that all other cars are inferior in comparison. 

For example all the threads focus RS recently, people try to pick faults with it instead of realising how good it is. 

At the end of the day as good as the golf R is, its a golf, a good golf, but still a golf.  As said previously there are of better options out on the market.

im allowed to say this,  as im a skoda driver and therefore not a badge snob :P :P

skodas are also betterererer thanall the other VAg's :P :P
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/driver_power_2009/archive/

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2010, 07:32:21 pm »
this happens on every forum. people become so obsessed with their marque of vehicle, believing that their car is the best and that all other cars are inferior in comparison. 

For example all the threads focus RS recently, people try to pick faults with it instead of realising how good it is. 

At the end of the day as good as the golf R is, its a golf, a good golf, but still a golf.  As said previously there are of better options out on the market.

im allowed to say this,  as im a skoda driver and therefore not a badge snob :P :P

skodas are also betterererer thanall the other VAg's :P :P
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/driver_power_2009/archive/

I agree with most of what you say Sy.  At times we can't see the wood for the trees.

But Skoda's being betterer................................. :signLOL:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2010, 07:34:11 pm »
hey the survey doesnt lie :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

new i would get a bite  :grin:

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2010, 07:39:51 pm »
Not a bite, just the truth.............IMO.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2010, 08:03:47 pm »

In truth, if anyone is convinced that I am lost in a VeeDub world and won't venture outside, they either haven't read my posts properly or are just determined to continue their prejudgements.

I own a Golf because it's the car which suits my way of life and gives me great joy - Hence why 5 years later I still have it. Why would I not seriously consider another Golf such as an R? And, yes I also love Porsches but they only have 2 seats and can't carry much load.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2010, 10:19:33 pm »
hahaha love it RR

i havnt read all of this thread so dont shout at me...but if you have 30k+ to spend on a car, you want new and love golfs then the R is your car. Personally (and i get the feeling i might not be alone) i would spend this 30k+ on something abit more...mental! 2nd hand low mileage rs4 or porsche. It is alot of dollar for a golf...it really is guys. i know a price shouldnt be put on something you love...but really? 30k?

dont pin me to the forum board for this haha

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2010, 11:24:12 pm »
buy it just because its £30k  :stupid:

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2010, 11:30:16 pm »
£30k is a bargain in golf R money  :grin:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2010, 11:42:39 pm »

Why does every thread about the Golf R always get people bleating about the cost? I'm inclined to think that it's because they'd love one but can't afford it.  :evilgrin:

If you haven't realised already yet, it's not just the Golf R that costs relatively more than what you paid for your new car.

Isn't this thread supposed to be about what the Golf R is like and not whether you want to pay its price?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2010, 12:05:41 am »

Why does every thread about the Golf R always get people bleating about the cost? I'm inclined to think that it's because they'd love one but can't afford it.  :evilgrin:

Thats exactly it mate, no one is knocking the golf R as its superb, they are saying it is too expensive and out of reach of the people that buy golfs as it just a golf, albeit a fast one, and not worth that much money!

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2010, 12:09:29 am »

Why does every thread about the Golf R always get people bleating about the cost? I'm inclined to think that it's because they'd love one but can't afford it.  :evilgrin:

Thats exactly it mate, no one is knocking the golf R as its superb, they are saying it is too expensive and out of reach of the people that buy golfs as it just a golf, albeit a fast one, and not worth that much money!

WORD.

i can afford one.

simply wouldnt lay that amount of cash down for a VW Golf

that simple

envy doesnt come into play  :innocent:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2010, 01:02:03 am »
The mk6 costs less to make than the mk5 but it costs more than the mk5 did and all Vw have done is use the old r32 chassis stuck an ed30 engine in it's place and stuck a face lift body ontop of it all and put the price to get back costs from the mk5 but who cares if you can afford it as it's still a GOLF costing stupid money

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2010, 09:17:39 am »

Er yeah, right thats it  :stupid:
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental