Make a donation

Author Topic: R32 rear bumpers and U.S. spec grilles  (Read 5090 times)

Offline matsu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: R32 rear bumpers and U.S. spec grilles
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2010, 12:28:27 pm »
thanks for the compliments mate.
mine was watertransfer printed and laquered. TC has something a bit more spesh. ill let him do the talking lol.
matsu
oh and the smooth grills appear on ebay every now and then and a few on here... put a thing the "wanted " section?
 :drinking:
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, 12:59:44 pm »
That looks brilliant RedRobin, I was considering going for the Milltek quad exhaust conversion cause I am a really big fan tbh but changed my mind at last minute and I've decided on the R32 look especially after seeing TC and matsu's cars!

TC mate have you had the valance colour coded or kept it black plastic?

I'm loving the carbon valance RedRobin I've had a look on the OSIR website and they do one to go with R32 exhaust set up! Is yours matt or gloss carbon? Seriously considering going for this!

:happy2:

....Cheers  :drinking:

My OSIR carbon is gloss but my car's arse is dirty as usual. If you do get an OSIR or other aftermarket exhaust trim, drill and cable tie each side underneath on the tabs for extra security and fixing or they can slightly pop out.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline big_dane

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010, 01:50:55 pm »
sorry to be a pain again guys but just been looking at the pics from the first club meet and I was really impressed by the look of where this member had mounted his number plate with his smoothed front grill, I was planning on doing this but was bafled as to how I could get the plate to fit. Anyone know who this member is and how hes done it?

Thanks again

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=672.0

(the pics posted by markymark, last one)
Black GTI, DSG, 5dr, Full Leather, Sunroff, Winter Pack, Xenons, Completley Standard... at the moment

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 02:00:39 pm »
^^^^
This pic?:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline big_dane

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 02:37:38 pm »
Yeah mate that's the one! Think it looks fantastic, big fan of the U.S. look but obviously need a front plate, especially with traffic cops round Sheffield are a bit keen (little bros already had £60 fine for german plates). The square plate was going to be my first option, never seen it before and thought it'd be a first, nevermind! But after seeing it think it looks brilliant. Anyone know who's it is or how I could do it? Also is there a thread on here that shows me how to put pics on, I'm a right novice when it comes to this haha!

You guys are awesome cheers
 :notworthy:

Black GTI, DSG, 5dr, Full Leather, Sunroff, Winter Pack, Xenons, Completley Standard... at the moment

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 04:23:54 pm »
^^^^
I think there is a post somewhere about how to post pics. Most of us use a server such as Photobucket where we simply upload our pics from our 'puter and then copy and paste the code into here where we write our replies.

Sorry, I don't like those square off-centre plates at all but it would be dull if we all liked the same  :happy2:. Whatever you do, don't block any of the open functional grilles - Some yankee dudes do it but it ain't a clever idea imo.

Offline big_dane

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2010, 07:38:44 pm »
Found the thread for posting pictures cheers RedRobin, just need some pictures to post now  :grin: I know alot of people wouldn't be a fan of the square plates and I can understand why, but like you said mate would be boring if we all liked the same  :happy2: dont mean that to sound in anyway sarcastic btw RedRobin.

Had an expensive day today, well for my standards anyway, been and ordered my R32 rear bumper parts from the stealers, couldnt find a cheap one local, salvage yard was asking £250 and me being the impatient sod I am had to have the parts yesterday so bit the bullet and paid just shy of £300 quid from stealers, thought may as well have it new.  :signLOL:

Then with the help of matsu ive found a smoothed front grille on ebay, brand new from the far east $129.00 dollars with free posting worked out at about £91 quid which i'm happy enough with.

So in just over 24hrs of starting this thread I've had all my questions answered and bought all the parts needed to complete the job, albeit im just shy of £400 quid lighter but it'll be worth it when its done and I'd probably only spend it on beer anyway.  :grin:

Next step get the bumper sprayed and get booked in at Blueflame, which im really looking forward to and getting a finished result. Know a guy at a local garage that will spray me the bumper up for bout £120 quid, so its not bad at all.

Just like to thank everyone thats given me advice and helped me out my problems, hope to maybe join you guys soon in posting up some pictures of all the end results. Thanks for bearing with me on my first thread and I'll no doubt be back in touch when I need help again. Thanks TC, matsu, Nickyboy and RedRobin, absolute stars.  :notworthy: