Make a donation

Author Topic: Credit where its due  (Read 2003 times)

Offline scotta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 15
  • Edition 30
Credit where its due
« on: July 29, 2010, 02:12:18 pm »
Ive read a couple of threads recently about dealer service and I must admit id be the first to complain about bad service. So in all fairness and to balance the bad here's a report of some good service.

After Driving SEAT cars for 9 years I developed an excellent relationship with a local SEAT dealership in the borders call Rutherford’s of Earlston. Through the years the service I get from them has been nothing short of excellent. So much so I can now phone up say who I am and they know exactly who they are speaking to and what cars I have got. Ive have been so happy with their service that in the past I emailed the company MD to thank the staff.

However after selling my previous Leon FR for the Edition 30 I was presented with a problem. Rutherford’s cant do warranty work on a VW. So after having the car for a couple of months the bonnet sensor failed. With entrepidation I booked the car in to my local VW dealer Western Volkswagen at fort Kinnaird.

Spoke to the service folks who were very helpful and arrange a day to drop the car off. Dropped the car off then got a fone call early afternoon to say the car was fixed and ready to be picked up. No problems when picked the car up job done to an acceptable standard (albeit they didn’t screw the bottom of the grill back on).

Shortly after that I popped back to speak to them about a bit of white worm on the centre caps. To my amazement the service guy checked stock and fitted 4 new centre caps there and then. Top Job very praise worthy.

Last week I called them as the rear droplink on the driver side was making a bit of a clonk. Spoke to the service guy explained the issue and they booked it in for the next day. I then asked if they would fix it in one day or would I have to bring it back once the parts were ordered. He said depending on what parts they needed that may be the case. I then said well how’s about I pop in on the way home tonight - you can have your techs’ check it then see what parts you need. No problem was the reply lets do that. Popped in on the way home they checked it said it needed both droplinks and they would order the parts overnight and fit them next day as per the original appointment. So dropped the car off next day they gave me a lift in to town for work and I got a phone call to say the car was ready at about 2pm. Picked the car up with the drop links fitted screws replaced on the grill and (as per request from me) the car not washed.

In summary ive been more than happy with the warranty service from them and can recommend to others.

From a servicing point of view though I still continue to use Rutherford’s SEAT,  VW cant beat them on price and their service is excellent plus you still get the VAG stamp in the book.

Scott