Make a donation

Author Topic: VW racing re-maps  (Read 6436 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: VW racing re-maps
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2010, 06:23:02 pm »
i think it was the fitment of BSH catch can he had issues with which we all heard about.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2010, 07:01:07 pm »
^^^ That was more about the BSH product than VWR.

I meet Phil from BSH last week and he still remembers RR feedback on the catch can's  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2010, 09:00:53 pm »
^^^^
I haven't been impressed by BSH's products so far, but that's just how it's been for me. And I haven't experienced all their products first-hand.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2010, 09:12:32 pm »

Robin,

Have you never had any problems with any of the Tuners that have worked on your car?  Genuine question.

....I'm assuming you're referring to more than just "Tuners". I interpret tuners as being remappers such as Revo, APR, Superchips, etc but I'm thinking you mean aftermarket automotive suppliers/fitters. In which case I have experienced problems with most of them at one time or another but any problems have been minor and importantly (as others have said) immediately and without issue put right... and some! Consequently it would have been unfair and misleading if I publicly complained about such problems which have, in every case, been due to human error.

Regarding the companies I regularly use: Nothing major to report from me so far which merits complaint publicly.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 09:46:16 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 10:13:48 am »
...any problems have been...immediately ...put right... and some!
Meaning he gets bribed to keep schtum!  :grin:

Just kidding Red Leader  :P

I think some people have had problems with tuners and they've been posted on the boards here. No place is going to be perfect but it's all about customer service IMO. Making mistakes is human. But to explain the error to the customer and to go out of their way to recompense in some way IMO is what is more important. To make a mistake and then deny/lie about it IMO is the worst thing from any company.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline RagingKileak

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 10:38:49 am »
I think it's all about taking a balanced view and in the event that problems occur, how they are handled.

Seems to me (being new here but having been into tuning for ten years) that VWR are offering the same product as most other people (essentially a map, filter and CBE) for £120 more than one company someone just happened to know. That's not a scam, it's just an alternative product.

It's not like they are saying they offer more power than they do, or that the products are better when they are not.

This thread reads quite oddly to me as an outsider to the community... Obviously some have an axe to grind whilst others like VWR.

I'm wondering if the reason the thread started (note the title of VWR Remap and NOT VWR Stage 1) was because the OP thought (as I did prior to reading the whole Stage 1 blurb) that VWR were charging £1500 for a map in isolation.

If that was the case, clearly they should be dragged outside and burned! Balance? Much!!  :signLOL:

Matt