Make a donation

Author Topic: fitting recaro pole positions into my mk5  (Read 10678 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: fitting recaro pole positions into my mk5
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 04:50:15 pm »

Probably looking around £900 with siderails, but shopping around is key.

The Recaro Furious is the same seat, cheaper and 35mm wider for that little extra comfort too, Robin.

....That's viable when taking into account what I could get for selling my Recaro's.

Are you suggesting I've got a fat arse, Mike?  :laugh:

The wee bit of extra width would be more comfortable on longer journeys. However, I'm just musing and am not unhappy with what I've currently got. I guess if I started doing more trackdays I would reconsider. Nice to know what options are available - Thanks mate  :drinking:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 05:33:01 pm »
I was thinking more along the lines of the more generously bottomed lady you'll be giving a lift to.  :wink:

I've got the same seats as yours in the Clio, they're excellent, but you still move about in them a bit on track I've found. The Furious would be a bit comfier for touring, shame you haven't got Demon Tweeks near you, they stock everything and you can have a good sit in them for size.
Sideways yo!

Offline chrishalfpenny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2010, 05:40:58 pm »
Robin there not massively expensive if you buy the cloth ones like mine I paid £369 ish each for the seats and £150 each for base frames and £50 each for side mounts. The support they offer is amazing really helps you drive hard, they are very comfortable seats even for me and I'm not thin by any stretch of the imagination lol. I love your idear of having the cushion done in interlagos. Robin if your ever in the southampton area your welcome to have a little sit in the seats :)

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2010, 05:48:38 pm »
^^^^
Chris, I'm fairly often passing by Southampton (and dropping in on the saintly Steve and his fine missus) - Are you talking weekdays or weekends? (I don't work).

[Robin waits to be unindated for 'first bagsy' PM's to buy his current rare-as-rocking-horse-poo Recaro's]

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline chrishalfpenny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2010, 06:17:25 pm »
Both mate, I'm usually about during the week after about 4ish as I start work early but nothing is every predictable for me so weekends would be a lot better :) if you fancy it pm me your number and I'll text you back with mine and when your next down just give me a call or text and we can sort something out. But be warned it will be a very expensive day for you because you will love the seats and want a set  :signLOL:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2010, 07:14:32 pm »
@ chrishalfpenny:

Have PM'd you my moby  :happy2:

It wouldn't be too expensive because I would have my very sought-after Recaro's to sell. But, as I said, I'm not serious about this idea as yet.