Make a donation

Author Topic: My Black 5dr GTi  (Read 2502 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
My Black 5dr GTi
« on: October 30, 2010, 09:26:44 pm »
Hi guys, thought it was about time I uploaded some pictures of my car.

This is the fifth Golf I have owned, the first being a MK3 1.9TDi. I then moved on to a MK2 1.8 Driver, then momentarily had a 1.3 MK1 before getting a MK4 1.6 SE. I eventually got to the point where I could insure something a bit quicker and bought a E46 BMW 325Ci. I really loved the BMW and I have very fond memories of journeys made in it. It was surprisingly practical too, however it was an automatic, and I really grew to dislike the 'box. It was unresponsive and never changed when I wanted it to change. As a consequence it made the car feel heavy and slow in most situations. The BMWs life was ended abruptly when my wife put it into the central reservation of the M62 one evening, and the search for a new car began!

With ideas of children on the horizon we decided that a 5dr car was the sensible option. I still liked the idea of a BMW but money-wise they didn't make sense, so I turned my attention to a Golf. I test drove a 3dr at Richard Alexander in Huddersfield and I was hooked. From that day on I spent most days searching for the right GTi. It had to be a manual 5dr and it had to be black! Whilst refreshing the VW Used website a car popped up at Lookers Burnley and I booked a test drive first thing the next morning. I was the first to look at it and bought it right there, disappointing the three people who were waiting in the showroom to give it the once over :P

So, here it is! The only changes I have made are the wheels (courtesy of Nathan), the open fog grilles, 10mm spacers on the back and a few interior modifications. Got plenty of stuff planned for the New Year though :laugh:

Hope you like it!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: My Black 5dr GTi
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 09:42:46 pm »
About time!  :congrats:

Looks the shiz!  :notworthy:

Offline ejecter

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 10:03:51 pm »
Very nice Andrew. :happy2:

neil.
Admit nothing,Deny everything,Make counter accusations.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 11:20:50 am »
 :congrats: Very nice

Thankfully, after this morning's effort, my car looks just as shiny.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 11:45:28 am »
Very nice  :congrats: Personally I think the Detroits look really good  :happy2:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 10:30:14 pm »
Thanks for your kind comments guys!

There isn't a huge amount more that I want to do with the exterior. I think it could do with a bit of a drop, and possibly 15mm spacers on the rear with 10mm at the front, hopefully then I'll achieve the haloed "stance" that everyone talks about. I'm not a massive fan of the standard rear valance either, so I'd like to replace that at some point and colour code the rest of the black plastic.

I applied some Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical to the wheels which gives them a really nice shine.

MPS

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 10:43:28 pm »
THE GLOSS!!! I'ma get mine looking like that one day, Bella!!!  :congrats: