All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Dealer fit Parking Sensors
pitch3110:
--- Quote from: Norbreck21a on February 20, 2009, 08:34:17 am ---Have to be honest and say that the factory sensors are really neat and flush fitting. However, my local stealer has fitted a few of these to golfs and passatts as aftermarket, and to be honest the sensors used look crap.
They are bigger then the factory ones and don't sit as flush (seem to fit over the bumper skin rather then in it (if you know what I mean). Just didn't look right.
I'm sure they worked just as well but couldn't understand why they can't use the factory ones ?
--- End quote ---
Thats what I needed to know buddy & fits my concerns.
Right.......they need to fit factory spec'd ones & nothing else.
ta
182_blue:
are the factory ones flush or not ?
Toptrump:
I have those girly sensors in mine, added by the original owner (who was a woman). And they have gone wrong three times so far with the same sensor being broke each time. Replaced under warrenty twice but now its out they want to charge me money to remove the rear bumper just to look at them. Even though the computers says its the same sensor.
They are still broke and not going to be fixed, I would recommend turning your head its cheaper in the long run. Electronic things just go wrong. :laugh: Just stop when it goes crunch! :grin:
john_o:
the other option may be to try and find a small aftermarket kit to be fitted onto the license plate/holder or under the bumper thereby negating the need to touch the rear bumper + colour matching issues.
Most are just plain fugly but there may be a small enough kit out there to be enough to stop your loved one hiting a plant pot ;-)
(in fact a quick check reveals
http://www.wirelessparkingsensors.co.uk/index.php?product_id=703635&option=Prod_detail&image_id=544161
available in black/silver/white , what colours your car?)
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/faq.htm?id=11
Just be careful you dont spoil the rear end :wink:
pitch3110:
:happy2: cheers John.
Factory fit ones are the only way to go IMO.
I will progress next week.
ta again all
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version