Make a donation

Author Topic: Aftermarket Xenons  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
Aftermarket Xenons
« on: December 11, 2010, 07:27:32 pm »
Ok before the slating, I really want some xenons so will be saving up for all the proper whizz-bam!

As a stop gap I want an after Market kit. Anyone got pictures of them fitted and what kits you have as apose to wattage and how many K etc. Dont want to melt my lenses now :P

Thanks
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: Aftermarket Xenons
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 07:35:22 pm »
Theres loads of cheap kits about, all made in the far east all do much the same job, but be carefull as I know a lot of people who went down the cheap route and have had ballast packs (part of the kit) burn out leaving them with no headlights. Last thing you want on a dark night on an unlit road when you are halfway round the corner!

Also remember that most insurance companies are funny about them as they are classed as a modification.

Then buy some sunglasses for nightime driving as other drivers will blind you with their full beams as payback.

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 07:37:01 pm »
Not exactly an 'aftermarket kit' but I have Hella Dynabeam Xenons.

They came with a self levelling controller as part of the kit.

I don't think they do them anymore and I got the kit from a mate of mine a while back, although I think you can get the non xenon version which look the same. Obviously they only have halogen bulbs and no self levelling controller.

Lee
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 07:56:47 pm »
I wouldn't be going for stupid high wattage as I cba with other drivers etc just something a little better then standard. What wattage are we talking? Will it bring up lamp warning light?

I always keep a spare set of bulbs etc in my cars with fuses so wouldn't be a problem hopefully.

They look smart! Might google it! Also will inform insurance didn't know that so great bit of info!

Thanks
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 09:05:39 am »
@Betty02

I've got the exact same headlights as Lee, but as he mentioned, theyre the standard Halogens, you can pick up a BRAND NEW set for less than 200quid delivered, i've had an aftermarket xenon kit with 5000K bulbs in it for the last 2 months now, i'm yet to be flashed!

they don't have the self-levelling, but they have an absolutely amazing cut-off

i HAVE been caught 'out' at night with a blown ballast and it aint nice! luckily i still had a set of spare halogens in the glovebox, took two seconds to switch so i was driving with one xenon and one halogen! I now carry 3 spare ballast packs :) (one from the pair that was bought to replace the other and another complete spare set) the prices on these vary, but if you have a look over at www.aliexpress.com you can get them direct from the far east, no point paying over 50 quid for the exactly same kit!

If your looking for a set of halogen headlights like apollo's i may be selling mine in the not too distant future, looking for around 200 complete with the xenon kit and adapters installed

:happy2:
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 12:36:40 pm »
@Betty02

If your looking for a set of halogen headlights like apollo's i may be selling mine in the not too distant future, looking for around 200 complete with the xenon kit and adapters installed

:happy2:

If i may hijack this thread can i have 2nd dibs please?
Black 2007 GTI Manual, Stage 3 K04, R32 Bumper/Exhaust, WALK, adj rear ARB, KW1's, Twintercooler, Twintake, 18's (winters), 19's (summer) modified dectane LED rear lights, NQSBBK, Forge dump valve, Xenon look headlights with 5000k HID, 3" downpipe with sports cat, TT wishbones, uprated HPFP, Sach Uprated Clutch, Quaife LSD, VT & THS Engine Mounts.
To be fitted: Reverse Camera & uprated headunit.

Future plans: De-dent & Detail