Make a donation

Author Topic: Tutorial - How to Update RNS-510 Firmware. ***New Links & Firmware*** 19/02/12  (Read 351329 times)

Offline SNB

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Then I may be able to assist.

Kamold on here has set up a site with links to a firmware version that WORKS.

Go to http://www.rnsfirmware.com/

Select the modified fw 3810a and download it.

Burn the image to a good quality disc at the slowest speed possible and then feed it to your rns510!

Make sure your ignition is off with keys NOT inserted.

That site above will tell you what this fw will do for you.

All respects and thanks to Kamold.

I have used this and it works well without issue.

Thanks a lot HumbleGT.  Further up this thread it implied I'd have to go to 2xxx first because I'm currently on 0800.  I'd love to be able to get at Joshi's recovery CD too before giving this a go just in case...

N

Offline HumbleGT

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
If I'm honest I don't know if you have to jump up incrementally as I was on 1120 and went straight to Kams 3810a.

I think I made a recovery cd but don't know it's value yet as I've had no issues.

My ball ache stemmed from the fact that my SSD drive would just NOT get recognised by the unit. Had it in and out at least 10 times over a few days.

Any way, hopefully someone in here can confirm for u that you're ok to jump to 3810a.

Anyone???

Offline SNB

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
Well I gave it a go.  It did upgrade successfully.

On the plus side I get full postcode entry, on the negative my Fiscon Bluetooth is no longer recognised so I guess the coding got trashed by the upgrade  :confused:

MDI still works but I don't know if that needed coding changes.

Sigh

N

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Yes some firmware upgrades can delete the coding so it's handy if you have or know someone with VCDS.

If you've gone to 38xx above then it will need a recode.

MDI is a seperate controller to RNS.

Offline SNB

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
Yes some firmware upgrades can delete the coding so it's handy if you have or know someone with VCDS.

If you've gone to 38xx above then it will need a recode.

MDI is a seperate controller to RNS.

Well I ran Josi's rescue image against the install and that sorted the coding. So I'm happy; full postcode lookup, rear camera, Bluetooth, MDI all working. v9 maps installed  :smiley:

Thanks to all

N

Offline reserves

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
Sorry for the newbie question, have a long history with VW's & Audi's.

I've just brought a 2003 Touran as a run around and want to fit a RNS-510, I have VAG-COM if needed.

What RNS-510 version should I be looking to purchase and will I need the CANBUS fix or can I do it via Firmware only?

Many thanks

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 14
  • The CC GT 200
Guys, I desperately need your help. I have been trying to do this for 3 days and its starting to wear me out......
I have a RNS-510 which I believe to be a rev C.
1T0035680C
H04
It matches the stickers on the side (which all look official) and is claimed to have been made on the 24/2/2010

What I would like to do is update to the 3810 firmware ( I have V9 maps already ) but I am using a Macbook Air. Nearly all the links to firmware downloads have expired so if anyone has a reliable link, that would be a great help too.
I'm not a computer/Mac expert so I need a simple step by step guide please........because so far I have failed!

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 14
  • The CC GT 200
Oh dear, I have just tried one time too many.........All the firmware and maps have disappeared and in the version menu it just says H04, all the others are blank.

Anybody know whats wrong with it?

Offline HumbleGT

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
Where are you buddy?

Offline ttdan

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email

MY problem is that is that i cant get the unit to recognise the SSD (kingspec PATA 64GB) that i've been trying to swap with.

have you tried a smaller capacity SD card? I have B or C (not totally sure..) unit, wont see a card over 4gb.

Offline Kiwi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 15

Is the first page not due an update ?

As some are running Firmware 4120 or Higher (5210 Not sure it's stable yet)

As for maps most people seem to be on or talking about running V9 now.

As mentioned above most of the download links are now not working or dead, time for a refresh Please MOD's

Cheers
Kiwi

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
Just recently got my car with the RNS510 in - checked using VCDS tonight and I'm running a 'C' version with 2720 so its time to update.

I've got a 4120 firmware ISO and then looking to put on v9 7918.  I've updated my FISCON Bluetooth to the latest version in preparation.

nice thread but like Kiwi mentioned a little out of date now.

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
Just recently got my car with the RNS510 in - checked using VCDS tonight and I'm running a 'C' version with 2720 so its time to update.

I've got a 4120 firmware ISO and then looking to put on v9 7918.  I've updated my FISCON Bluetooth to the latest version in preparation.

nice thread but like Kiwi mentioned a little out of date now.

Look for a 7920 maps, it has speed cams

:happy2:

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
Cant find that one - this one is suppose to have cameras on it .. so it says!

Offline Demonter

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
    • Email
any newer FW link to download for A,B,C units that is 100% working (without some side probs for unit)for 7918 v9 maps?

tnx