Make a donation

Author Topic: A MASSIVE THANKS TO REVO UK  (Read 5122 times)

Offline acespizee

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
A MASSIVE THANKS TO REVO UK
« on: January 25, 2011, 11:13:54 pm »
I want to give a big thanks to Revo UK. :thumbup:

I was having a issue with my car and throttle closing problems on stg2+ for a few years that i was certain was a software problem after swapping out all the well known electrical or mechanical problem items . The issue would only happen when outside temps got below 12*c, so basically in the winter or really cold nights.

Anything over 12*c (outside) and the car was brilliant, very fast, smooth and once rolling would easily move on my friends 330-360 bhp EVO's. In fact the only thing quicker than it in my group of friends was a VX220T running around 290 bhp. In fact i had the car rolling roaded at a very reliable Dyno where the car had previously gave 205 bhp (F/W) stock, and it put out 307 bhp (F/W)) at 23 psi.

As soon as temps get low misery strikes. :mad:

Anyway as this winter came the problem surely came back, but i was'nt to bothered as i already had a complete K04 set-up with S3 rods, pistons and cams to go on the car and as i thought it was a software problem i thought it would dissapear with the new K04 software + hardware.

How wrong could i have been, the exact same issue occurs. :banghead:

But now the car was also trying to give over 30psi, for no valid reason.

Revo asked me to bring the car up to them where they tried many different versions of the same software (i was there from morning till night), even very non-aggresive versions and the car was not having it. :mad:

This was clearly showing it to not be a software problem which by this point me and Revo was actually hoping it was after all the drama, time and money that has gone into my car. :confused:

Revo asked me if they could get the car in a for a few days to have a more in depth look at what maybe causing this issue.

Bearing in mind the car has been to Seat and my preffered Tuner garage many, many times to try to sort this issue and it has never been solved. :mad:

Revo had the car over the christmas until the new year, they kept me updated and also let me know how much it was making there hair drop out :laugh: but they did not give up. :beer:

Despite working on the car for stupid, mad hours and putting in and paying for a stupid amount of V-power. They did not ask for a single penny. :cool::thumbup:

Remember this was not a software problem and was down to various issues with my car mechanically, so Revo did not have to do this and this was way more than i could ever have expected.

I collected the car last friday and as it so happens, the day before my Bday. :cool:

The car they have given me back is absolutely something else and way, way better than expected, as i have stronger internals than a standard K03 engine i wanted them to make full use of it and i also left them the higher rated boost sensor from the S3.

The car NOW pulls like a mad junkie at a free crack event all the way round to 7k rpm, and the boost gauge is still reading 20 psi at that point (i think i initially get over 25 psi) .

On the freezing motorway, the car at around 80mph in 4th will spin the wheels.
The car is now savage.

Best of all, no more hesitations or throttle closing at any point. Just very aggresive, fast, smooth power that got me the thumbs up from a very enthusiastic (from behind :laugh:) Biker on the weekend. :thumbup:

They have given me back something very special indeed. :cool:

A VERY BIG THANKS REVO. :thumbup:

ALSO A VERY BIG THANKS TO BEN AT REVO UK. :thumbup:

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: A MASSIVE THANKS TO REVO UK
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 11:18:25 pm »
Glad its all sorted but you have missed out the part that surely everyone wants to know the most!

What was the problem?!

You run the black leon with the supercopa bonnet vent right? We met at ADI outside the revo stand!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 11:19:38 pm »
that is real good customer servive-i suspected that they must of thought it was thier map to do it thou--

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 11:21:36 pm »
Let me guess..... boost leak  :laugh:
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 11:27:56 pm »

Offline acespizee

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 12:16:27 am »
Glad its all sorted but you have missed out the part that surely everyone wants to know the most!

What was the problem?!

You run the black leon with the supercopa bonnet vent right? We met at ADI outside the revo stand!

Thanks mate, and yes thats me with the black Leon.  :happy2:

The problem i was having was anytime the outside temps dropped to 12*c, i would get throttle closing after 5k rpm that would get worse as the weather got colder. Above said temp and it would instantly go away.

This ment misery in the winter and fun in the warmer months.

Revo pointed towards a few issues with my car but did not single one out, so i do not know the the exact cause of the issue, I just know they went right back to basics with it and stripped her down. As u can expect i was just happy to hear that the car was now running great and problem free, especially as it was freezing outside aswell.

I jumped on the two trains to daventry within 30 mins of getting the news.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:20:20 am by acespizee »

Offline acespizee

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 12:18:51 am »

I wish.... :signLOL:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 12:19:55 am »
They pointed out a few issues, but never singled them out, or changed anything.  but it came out better than before!!

so it was the software then since thats the only thing they have changed :rolleye:

Offline acespizee

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 12:25:31 am »
They pointed out a few issues, but never singled them out, or changed anything.  but it came out better than before!!

so it was the software then since thats the only thing they have changed :rolleye:

Mate, i dont know but the K04 software is different to the k03 software but same problem. Also i spent a whole day up there trying different code, even the US code ! and same problem.

I went from K03 to K04.

Software or hardware,
Im just happy they spent the time to fix it properly and it now works like it should or possibly much better.  :happy2:   :wink:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 12:33:49 am »
well what ever the trouble was,at least its running like it should now

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 02:33:57 am »
  :stupid:

Offline acespizee

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 09:39:23 am »
well what ever the trouble was,at least its running like it should now

:happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 03:10:05 pm »
Saw your car when I was at Revo the other week mate..  :happy2: So I take it you have now got KO4 turbo and Stage 3 software yeah?