Make a donation

Author Topic: Pictures of lights at night-Which settings?  (Read 1427 times)

Offline apollo13

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
Pictures of lights at night-Which settings?
« on: March 19, 2011, 07:25:58 pm »
Hi Guys,

I'm a complete no starter when it comes to cameras  :laugh:

I'm trying to get some good shots of my car at night but the lights come out as a blur.

I have a Sony H10, could anyone tell me what settings I'm after?

TIA
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=a3or86kdvp66dioiui9c60to2u&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Pictures of lights at night-Which settings?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 07:29:20 pm »
First thing you need it a tripod.

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 07:35:17 pm »
Hi Rich,

I understand that keeping movement to a minimum is a key point, I can (just to practice) place the camera on the front wall to keep it steady but I'm stuck on the settings.

Cameras manual is a distant memory so I thought I'd ask on here first  :notworthy:
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=a3or86kdvp66dioiui9c60to2u&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 07:37:48 pm »
Put it in the P mode and just experiment... youll soon see the effect of the different settings.

(lame response, but trial and error is a good [if a little slow] way of learning which settings work best)

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 07:38:46 pm »
A remote shutter release goes a long way too  :happy2:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 07:45:08 pm »
Put it in the P mode and just experiment... youll soon see the effect of the different settings.

(lame response, but trial and error is a good [if a little slow] way of learning which settings work best)

Not lame at all Rich, I value the input  :happy2:

I'll have a fiddle later   :laugh: