Make a donation

Author Topic: Fuel setting on Revo  (Read 1607 times)

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Fuel setting on Revo
« on: April 08, 2011, 09:40:25 am »
Hi guys, after much deliberation am thinking of going Stg 2+ end of month as have all hardware now (thanks Aaron  :drinking:) apart from downpipe and sports cat and getting that fitted; I will peg it back to Stg 2 if feel necessary at a later date.  

I understand that on Stg 1 the setting is F9 as the TFSI runs well on a leaner AFR and the stock pump cannot cope with delivering the fuel through the mid range.

So with the HPFP you can reduce your F setting to 6 or 7 perhaps (after logging on vcds). Does lowering the setting just increase more torque through the mid range as the requested rail pressure can be held. I saw a thread where vrs Carl and Poverty seemed to be running better on F9 even on Stg 2+?

Can someone also explain why running a richer AFR at this level of tune is better for the car in terms of lowering EGT's as I dont properly understand this element  :confused:? Thanks again  :notworthy:

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 12:23:34 pm by berg »
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: Fuel setting on Revo
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 10:00:24 pm »
So with the HPFP you can reduce your F setting to 6 or 7 perhaps (after logging on vcds). Does lowering the setting just increase more torque through the mid range as the requested rail pressure can be held. I saw a thread where vrs Carl and Poverty seemed to be running better on F9 even on Stg 2+?

All cars will vary, only way to tell which is better for power delivery is dyno tuning and testing.

Can someone also explain why running a richer AFR at this level of tune is better for the car in terms of lowering EGT's as I dont properly understand this element  ? Thanks again  

Richer fuel mixtures under load are safer as the extra fuel cools the combustion chamber and piston crowns, this allows more ignition advance to be used and more boost, but as you add ignition advance and boost you will need to add more fuel and on and on.Using a dyno you can see the effects these changes have to power and torque curves, more isnt always better.  Engines have a volumetric efficiency per cylinder (VE) and its about optimising what you put in to get the most out. Its trial and error, I have sat and read too many books on engine tuning and building , you think you know what works best and then an engine will throw up something that goes against the norm, with the right tools and experience you will be able to find the settings that get you to the peak VE of that paticular engine.

With  stuff like REVO as you have very little real adjustment but even though REVO is very very basic the above rules still apply.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 10:02:19 pm by PDT »

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Re: Fuel setting on Revo
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 12:56:15 am »
cheers for that dave, looks like defo need to call your booking line to book myself in May  :pomppomp:
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1