Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 1480272 times)

Offline Stupots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #11895 on: July 27, 2020, 02:45:23 PM »
@richtung pics or it didn't happen ;)
VW Golf Mk5 TDI 4Motion

Offline Ripstop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #11896 on: July 27, 2020, 03:13:21 PM »
Over the last few days I added another 5BHP in the form of some internal go faster mods. Been looking at this for a while but Richard W on Facebook sorted me out with a deal on at the moment for the mats. The OEM bonnet sound proofing came from Germany I think and I felt it was a nice cheapish fix for a grotty sagging, mouse modified bonnet sound proofing (Zoom into the picture). I think the mats are great and very good quality. The new bonnet sound proofing is a nice tight fit and fits with my semi OCD approach to this cars maintenance.

Next on my list is wings and wheel refurb. Still not sure on 2nd hand wings or new from RPS with additional paint job? I prefer the latter option tbh.

Stage 1 2007 Black Eddy  #1000 - VCDS Hex+Can (Novice coder). H&R springs, newish Bilstein B4's. Gen 3 Steering rack, Helix organic.  The car is *always* work in progress fixing and upgrading things.

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #11897 on: July 28, 2020, 12:40:20 PM »
Picked up the ED30 from the bodyshop this morning.  Had brand new genuine front wings painted and fitted, front doors blended in as well as rust on rear passenger arch sorted.

Rich

What was the cost of all the, and the breakdown?

I got quoted £1400 for new wings painted and blended - as you can see a few posts up I went for second hand wings fitted for £350 all in because this is my daily that I'm putting 20k on a year over the last four years, so it's now on n 115,000 miles I don't justify big bills on making it look 100% pretty, but  could justify 1/4 of the cost for 90% of the look - they look pretty good but definitely aren't perfect, but then neither is the rest of the car so it foes blend well!

I have a bit of rust on my rear arch (really really small but I'm keeping an eye) so would be interested to know what you paid to sort it

Wings were £241 delivered from RPS Online.
Painting of wings, fitting and blending in door was £550
Repair and paint of rear arch was £150

Hope this helps.

Richard

I got a similar price for mine doing last week too. £900 if I was to get the bumper and bonnet done at the same time though I'm not sure if I'll go that far as its getting on a bit now