All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Does anyone have this stubby aerial on their GTI?

<< < (5/5)

stealthwolf:

--- Quote from: TomB on May 04, 2009, 06:36:36 pm ---Are these the genuine Citroen aerials you're referring to?

clicky

I wanna make sure it is before I order one!  They're well cheap!

--- End quote ---

I bought one of those. Arrived two days later.

HUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEE difference in the size of the antenna. The stock one is 16" long. This one was 2.5" - about the same height as your keyfob!!!

Pics below (ignore the dirt and birdbombs):

Before:



After:



There's a slight gap (about a millimetre) between the bottom of the aerial and the base but it's tiny. Need to take the car out and take some more pics.

wombat:
Nice R32 conversion you got there


--- Quote from: Top Cat on May 04, 2009, 07:41:02 pm ---I have the ickle Mazda one arriving from Canada this week.  :smiley:

--- End quote ---

TomB:
I got mine earlier in the week at cost price (working at a Citroen dealer has its uses), its from the C8 if you forget the part number (like I did!)

It looks great but the gap is annoying me.  I'm going to find an o-ring that fills the gap...I'll let you know the size.  Oh the radio reception drops compared to the VW one, I was struggling to get Radio 1 on some stretches of the M1 the other day.

stealthwolf:
I've found the signal does drop but not by much for me.

Tfsi_Mike:

--- Quote from: CarrG on March 18, 2009, 04:17:08 pm ---x3

3quid from dealer.

--- End quote ---

x4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version