Make a donation

Author Topic: Hard days work!  (Read 1027 times)

Offline kevinw90

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 3
  • GTI!
Hard days work!
« on: July 05, 2011, 12:08:07 am »
What amazing weather this weekend!  Got my GTi polished and waxed on Friday night, dads jetta done on sat morning and on saturday afternoon came the hard one...... the Touareg. Never atemped to do it as its alot bigger than my golf but through since its a nice day al give it a go......  

Has been doing some offroading recently and payed the price.  Looked like it had been washed with a wire pad and you couldn't really see the metalic look anymore.

Some results below.

Used the Bilthamer clay bar. The the DAS 6 Pro polisher with some  Menzerna power finish, wasnt deep scartches so didnt use the fast gloss.  After that went onto the yellow pad with some Menzerna final finish polish.  Scrubbed out the wheel arches and got the tar off the alloys and some metal polish on the side rails. Put on some poor boys black hole on after, works wonders on my black GTI and exactly the same on the blue Touareg. Really great stuff and would highly reccomend it, adds soo much colour and makes the car look extreamly glossy.  Topped off with two coats of collinite 476.

My arm was sore after this!  Payed off tho.  Just need to get a picture of all the cars together tommrow.  

Sunday spent all day mountain biking in the Cairngorms, couldn't get a better weekend!

DSC00839 by kevin_w90, on Flickr

DSC00842 by kevin_w90, on Flickr

DSC00846 by kevin_w90, on Flickr

DSC00847 by kevin_w90, on Flickr

DSC00604 by kevin_w90, on Flickr
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 12:15:44 am by kevinw90 »