Make a donation

Author Topic: 1.9tdi pd starting issues...  (Read 1537 times)

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
1.9tdi pd starting issues...
« on: July 27, 2011, 10:38:15 am »
Hi all,
I've recently been having some starting issues with my golf...
its currently on 144,780 miles or thereabouts and the following work has been done on it in the past:

124,000: cam belt and oil change and all filters
130,000: oil change and all filters
133,000: all four injectors, oil change and all filters except pollen filter, new VW EGR valve, new Bosch starter motor (to cure warm-start problem)
136,000: oil change and all filters except pollen filter
144,000: oil change and all filters
144,750: four brand new VW glow plugs and new VW fuel filter

prior to 124,000 miles it was a HSBC ex-lease car and has a full main dealer service history, when I checked the service history with the garage they said any recommended work had all been carried out at the dealership including bulbs/wipers/tyres etc

on sunday, i got into my car in the morning to go and after starting the car, it turned over and then immediately just cut out. the only way i could coax it to start was to leave it a bit, constantly tried cranking it but it wouldnt start unless i pumped the accelerator pedal...
it did again yesterday morning after which i took it to my garage and it was throwing up glow plug errors on 2 cylinders, as a precautionary all four glow plugs were changed along with the fuel filter using genuine vw parts.

hoping this had cured the issue, it came back again this morning and now i'm at a loss as to what to do.

my mechanic kindly offered to come down to my house in the morning and start the car for me in order to help him diagnose the issue.

the only common thing between sunday and this morning was that the car had only just gone onto reserves and the kufatec mfa+ was showing 6litres of fuel.

can anyone help shed some light on these issues?...

thanks

MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: 1.9tdi pd starting issues...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 10:44:27 am »
Had brand new higher rated battery fitted yesterday evening, driven for an hour and a half to 'charge' it up, filled the tank with v-power diesel....didnt start again this morning.

mechanic reckons it could be a bad fuel return valve not leaving enough diesel in the lines for the injectors to suck up on starting.

could ANYONE please give their thoughts on this?

VCDS is still not throwing any codes whatsoever and I'm fed up of changing parts left right and centre and it not fixing it.

thanks
GONE

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 11:18:49 am »
log the cranking fuel pressure with vagcom.

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 11:32:58 am »
could you possibly tell me how exactly I am to do that? as in which measuring block do i measure for, also, does it make a difference logging it first thing in the morning or after its been driven  a while like it has now?

thanks
GONE