Make a donation

Author Topic: Dodds GTTDi180  (Read 64730 times)

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
Re: Dodds GT TDI
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 09:51:44 am »
Is that only lowered on eibach springs? It looks good!

Eibach -35/50mm sportlines apparently, looks perfect imo.  :happy2:

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 01:09:06 pm »
They look rubbish mate.........but rather than skip them I will buy them off you!!  :jumpmove:  :grin:

Are they genuine CH's or reps mate?

On a different note, I notice that on your 'to do list' you mention a remap!  Have a look at this offer from Shark Performance - http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/211017-crazy-summer-sale/ - I took advantage yesterday although I went for the self tuning system which was a further £150, if you are local £199 for a stage 1 is a BARGAIN!!!  :happy2:

Yeah, i know, totally gonna just throw the alloys on the scrap. Deeply dissapointed in them.  :wink: NOT!! Unfortunately they're not real deals, but still very good quality German reps. The way I see it I would be crazy to splash out ~£1000 on genuine's just to drive them on these roads we currently have. I'm pretty pleased with them to be honest, first gunmetal finish wheels I've run and I really like the look. Now I just need tints and GTI black headlights to complete the moody look.  :happy2:

Looks like a mega-bargain Shark are doing at the min. Might go and order right now investigate...  :wink:

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 01:16:09 pm »

Eibach -35/50mm sportlines apparently, looks perfect imo.  :happy2:

Yup, they're just Eiback Sport -50/35mm springs on standard dampers. Tbh the ride is only slightly different than the normal springs. I run on my comfy 16" alloys  8) for a week b4 putting on the 18's and only noticed a slight reduction in comfort. Body roll has been reduced a lot now with both the springs and low profile tyres.

Now, opinions please wise people of the forum: Do you think the front is a tiny bit too low in comparison to the back? My CH's are ET45 8" wide and rub on the archers only now and then on fast & tight/bumpy corners. I've done the arch screw mod but am now thinking of sourcing a set of Eibach Pro springs (Front Only) to bring it up 10mm. It'd fit in with the back of the car and also allow me to put on my colour-coded votex valance (like a Mk4 Anniversary valance). ATM I am VERY close to scraping when coming out my driveway.  :confused:

Would it look that bad being 10mm higher at the front. Let me know please!!  :smiley:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:18:37 pm by dodds-gttdi »

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2011, 02:20:59 pm »

Yeah, i know, totally gonna just throw the alloys on the scrap. Deeply dissapointed in them.  :wink: NOT!! Unfortunately they're not real deals, but still very good quality German reps. The way I see it I would be crazy to splash out ~£1000 on genuine's just to drive them on these roads we currently have. I'm pretty pleased with them to be honest, first gunmetal finish wheels I've run and I really like the look. Now I just need tints and GTI black headlights to complete the moody look.  :happy2:

Looks like a mega-bargain Shark are doing at the min. Might go and order right now investigate...  :wink:

I'd be interested to know where the wheels are from and how much you paid mate, I have seen a few about but not with an ET45 offset.  I would love them on the vRS and ET45 would be perfect, but I can't justify the cost of genuines.  If however a set of reps can be had for a bit more money than a refurb I'm in.  :happy2:

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2011, 02:35:52 pm »

Eibach -35/50mm sportlines apparently, looks perfect imo.  :happy2:

Yup, they're just Eiback Sport -50/35mm springs on standard dampers. Tbh the ride is only slightly different than the normal springs. I run on my comfy 16" alloys  8) for a week b4 putting on the 18's and only noticed a slight reduction in comfort. Body roll has been reduced a lot now with both the springs and low profile tyres.

Now, opinions please wise people of the forum: Do you think the front is a tiny bit too low in comparison to the back? My CH's are ET45 8" wide and rub on the archers only now and then on fast & tight/bumpy corners. I've done the arch screw mod but am now thinking of sourcing a set of Eibach Pro springs (Front Only) to bring it up 10mm. It'd fit in with the back of the car and also allow me to put on my colour-coded votex valance (like a Mk4 Anniversary valance). ATM I am VERY close to scraping when coming out my driveway.  :confused:

Would it look that bad being 10mm higher at the front. Let me know please!!  :smiley:

10mm is only 1cm at the end of the day! If its not practical then change them! How low to the Pro kits go on the rear?

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2011, 02:57:35 pm »
The Pro Springs are -40mm at the front and -25mm at the back. I'd keeb the back Sport Springs in tbh, but try and pick up a pair of front Pro's.

The wheels were a kind gift  :wink: from W80ody on here and he bought them from anoth member on here a good while back. I had a link to a shop that sold them for circa £600 with tyres. Will try and find it for you VRS_ Pagey.

Offline 81lly

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 03:05:33 pm »
Looks much better now  :happy2: I shall be going for that colour too  :grin:

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 03:11:20 pm »
I picked my CH reps for £300 and spent £300 on Falken FK452s

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 03:40:56 pm »
Where from mate?

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2011, 03:52:15 pm »
Where from mate?

Midland alloy wheels - http://www.midlandwheels.com Just give them a ring and tell them what you want, i saw a set on ebay they were selling but had another set in silver which i bought. I bought my tyres from camskill and got my local garage to fit them!

EDIT - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-BBS-CH-STYLE-ALLOY-WHEELS-VW-GOLF-MK5-MK6-GTI-TDI-/130565589121?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item1e6650c881

Not the greatest of colours but will do for a bit!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 03:56:31 pm by JoeDarKa »

Offline RSam84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2011, 07:39:26 pm »
nice rims mate!

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2011, 12:26:11 am »
Small Update:

Got my Rear GTI Valance back last week. Disappointed it's the wrong shade!  :sad: But will be fixed soon. Needed it fitted for Friday 26th to get my twin pipes added. Valance is not 100% fitted yet, that's tomorrow's job, along with my front votex splitter.

I'll let the pics do the talking:

Comments and opinions welcome

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2011, 09:33:37 am »
The shade is very bluey / greeny compared to the body work, are they sorting it free of charge? Exhaust looks good, nice and tidy!

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2011, 11:28:32 am »
Yeah, bumper was sprayed thru a friend of a friend for 'mates rates' so he's gonna take it back in in a week or two's time and re-spray it.  There was a couple of wee bits that didn't get a full rub/smooth down and you could see a hint of the original texture of the bumper so a second rub down and paint should totally get rid of the textured surface. I'm not complaining as said mates rates were a fifth of the quoted price everywhere else. Some garages refused to even quote me cos of the textured surface.  :stupid: Gonna compare the front votex valance with the bodywork tonight. If it's the same wrong colour I won't put it on.  :sad1:

Any ideas how I can get hold of a different shade of my paint (Sage Green)? Will VW match it for me if I went to a dealer?

Offline w80ody

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2011, 12:54:28 pm »
The wheels were a kind gift  :wink: from W80ody on here

Well I think you should kindly gift me your newly aquired RCD 510 then  :smiley:   

Your car's looking great; shame about colour match but hopefully you'll get that sorted.

How does it sound with the rear box removed? I was chuffed with the note that mine had when I did the r32 rear pipes.

So in past two weeks you've done:

Powdercoated the BBS's
Eibach Sportlines
Gti lower rear
Gti style pipes
Votex front splitter
Shark remap
+ a RCD 510
....i hope your working plenty of overtime!!

Looking forward to seeing it next week when I eventually get home....I'd better wash my filthy machine for a northern mk5 photoshoot  :smiley: