• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
HDR
« on: August 22, 2011, 10:22:40 pm »
this is my first ever attempt at a high dynamic range piccie. Please ignore the composition, it was nearly full on night time and i was rushing to get a shot in, so rushed and used the kit lens + it was right outside an ambulance station and they all decided to watch.  :ashamed:

First ever HDR by T0P cat, on Flickr

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
Re: HDR
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 10:34:36 pm »
Nice one  :happy2: take it or leave it, a bit of advice on composition, this would have been a killer shot if it had been framed/cropped so that the only background is the graffiti, car 8 feet to the left and recomposed.

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:37:43 pm »
Good effort :happy2: Im gonna have to bite the bullet and give it a go myself. What software did you use?

Ben

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 10:39:27 pm »
Nice one  :happy2: take it or leave it, a bit of advice on composition, this would have been a killer shot if it had been framed/cropped so that the only background is the graffiti, car 8 feet to the left and recomposed.

Totally agree Dom.  :happy2: I dont take my camera out much, so when i do i feel embarrassed still a bit taking photos when people are about, so got a bit flustered as i only wanted to take one shot bracketed. I took a few more shots after this in the normal way with much better composition.  :happy2:

Photomatix Ben.  :happy2:

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 10:42:02 pm »

Totally agree Dom.  :happy2: I dont take my camera out much, so when i do i feel embarrassed still a bit taking photos when people are about, so got a bit flustered as i only wanted to take one shot bracketed. I took a few more shots after this in the normal way with much better composition.  :happy2:

Photomatix Ben.  :happy2:
I've been looking for some decent graffiti around by me to do this type of shot for ages...

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 10:44:55 pm »
You've still lost all the detail on the front bumper so not very successful as a 'stereotypical' HDR shot.

I agree with Dom... its a good piece of art which should fill the background. :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 11:08:41 pm »
You've still lost all the detail on the front bumper so not very successful as a 'stereotypical' HDR shot.

I agree with Dom... its a good piece of art which should fill the background. :happy2:

the detail loss on the front bumper is down to my ham fisted attempt at blocking out the plate with retouch.  :laugh:

Took a few non HDR with better composition but if you had seen where this location was and at what time you would be calling MR Brave.  :scared:

Hooligan or art! by T0P cat, on Flickr

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 11:19:30 pm »
Liking that one  :happy2:

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 02:39:35 am »
looking awsome, these sorta pictures are not helping me hold back the temptation to go out and by myself a nice camera! and dom im sure theres a couple of bits of graffiti winnersh way... we should go have a look!

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 07:14:02 am »
looking awsome, these sorta pictures are not helping me hold back the temptation to go out and by myself a nice camera! and dom im sure theres a couple of bits of graffiti winnersh way... we should go have a look!
Yeah, we should check it out, I know there are a few websites that map street art. We really should meet up soon..

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 08:29:44 am »
Yeah man! Im having a mare with nights i havnt had a propper day off for ages im
Still on nights  untill friday then hopfully i get a couple of quiet days!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 03:32:26 pm »
TC one of my fave shots was your old car against the same wall. I can see what you were trying to do by getting the sky in as well but don't think it's the best you've ever done. Photomatix is pretty good and something I've used in the past with my old compact.

I think if you hadn't lost the detail on the front bumper, it'd have been awesome.

Second one is great though. I just can't get enough of the black'n'gold!

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.