Make a donation

Author Topic: 2.0FSi Performance/MPG/Running Costs  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Simpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
2.0FSi Performance/MPG/Running Costs
« on: October 29, 2011, 06:38:00 pm »
Ive got a 2004 2.0FSi GT, now after my 1.4 mk4 and 1.2 punto it feels quick for me but for what fuel econmy im getting (avg 30 ish mpg)Up to 40mpg on the motorway with cruise control I cant help but think i should be getting slightly more mpg....from a suposedly 150bhp car with that type of fuel economy ive got a mate with a GTI who can average more then that. Now i do have a NOX Sensor which needs replacing and have been told that this could will be casuing some of the problem by making it overfuel, but as this is a £400 part i dont want to replace it to find fuel economy is only a few MPG bettter. Ive been looking into what engine mods i can get to give it a bit more low down power as setting off it seems gutless and takes for ever to get going, i know its a big heavy car but still would like slightly more away from the lights. Once its going its a very tourqey (spelling  ) car and pulls very well! I cant seem to find anything engine mod wise. Also im running a GTI Exhaust on it at the min, its not mega loud but just a nice burble could this be effect my fuel economy?

This thread i found on a audi forum is EXACTLY the predicament im in.............

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/74208-2-0-fsi-pointless-performance-upgrades.html