Make a donation

Author Topic: VW Key Coding Problem, "SAFE" on dash  (Read 3051 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
VW Key Coding Problem, "SAFE" on dash
« on: November 15, 2011, 04:52:19 pm »
Hopefuly someone can answer this one.

I bought a spare key on ebay,  VW parts number HL0 1KO 959 753 G (same as my existing key), got it cut at local locksmiths and took it to VW for coding.
After 2 hours of sitting in the waiting area wondering whats taking so long (Thank god for angry birds on iphone  :wink:) service lady calls me over.

Problem, the key wont code to the car and has now activated a "SAFE" message on my dashboard which replaces where trip mileage used to be!.

This word "Safe" also stays on permanently whilst driving using my old key (which still works fine).

technician came out and explained transponder faulty but he was unsure how to remove the "SAFE" from highline, he has taken my number and will be speaking to VW tech support tomorrow about this  :indifferent:

Is it really the key causing issues and can this word be removed?, or was techician having a bad day?.

IN meantime contacted seller of Key to say transponder not working and see about a refund as basically i have now a cut key which does not work (Remote part works, but not transponder!), obviosuly i cant send the key blade back to him as its cut to my car, but the rest i need refund for  or replaceing.

IM also now waiting for VW to call be back to try to rectify the issue and give me a another 32 mile rounds trip to see them, fortunately one of the ladies in service is very attractive  :love:  :happy2:

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 05:00:52 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14