All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

What's the opinion on this??

<< < (13/13)

v2brett:
got mine today and put it in this evening and it is amazing, im very pleased with it.  the sub makes it sound great, i think im running the speakers on less then a 3rd  :signLOL:  and thts plenty for them.

winrya what settings are you running and what have you found to be best for the speakers?

winrya:
I'm glad you're pleased with it.  I will take a picture of my settings when i get a min.  Took me a while to get it how i like it.

One of my most pleasing and surprising purchases.  I kept my expectations down and got blown away.  Always nice when that happens

Wolfie:
Received mine today at 9.20am after ordering yesterday midday!!

Took out the head unit and and wired up the amp - but the cable block that slots into the back of the head unit wouldnt fit flush enough so that the locking device would click into place. The device works when unplugged but not when plugged in - I even tried the cable blocks plugged into itself - as it only a piggy back device - and even then it still wouldnt lock!

Rang Bluespot who didnt initially believe me and blamed my car and then gave me a premium rate Blaukpunkt technical support line - they were of no use either but agreed it must be faulty if it didnt lock into place when plugged into itself. So back to Bluespot who have agreed to look at the cable block if I send it back at my own expense and check it against the standard block - WTF! :surprised:

So now i'm over £300 down  - have half my dash on the car floor - and faced with the possibility of them fobbing me off with a faulty cable block. Of course they could say it is faulty and replace it  - will have to wait and see!

The only good point is when holding the cable in place I could hear the difference in the sound quality and was impressed with the amp  - just hope I get a new cable soon so I can fit it up properly!

 

winrya:
are you sure, for a while mine wouldn't clip in place but a bit of messing around and it suddenly fitted perfectly.  I take it you are opening the clip?

Wolfie:
yeh I opened the clip but it still wouldnt fit correctly when inserted and would stick as if it wasnt pushed in far enough to let the clip lock - but when I tried the original one in the car again it fitted perfectly into the head unit and the locking device worked every time!!  strange - I am a bit cack handed at things like this but im sure there was a problem with the fitment as i could only get the radio to work when i manually held it in and it never even powered up the armrest cd changer!

why wouldnt it work in itself if it was ok - if you know what i mean lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version