All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

warning ...wheel spacers

<< < (7/8) > >>

candy turbo:
i have to agree the h&r ones do look slightly better machined , i showed them to a mate who s an engineering boff today and the only thing he could come up with is that the holes for the bolts are a few mm bigger than the bolts so a certain amount of rotational movement could have been possible !!!  any way they are being sent back to venom tomorrow wh said they will send me a replacement set but i said i dont want any more so ill wait to hear what they have to say when they ve recieved them ! :rolleye:

182_blue:

--- Quote from: jamiekip on April 20, 2009, 08:54:36 pm ---
--- Quote from: gazbutS3 on April 20, 2009, 07:55:32 pm ---^^^^^I agree^^^^^




--- End quote ---

I agree too...
... I'm a fan of spacers... good for the stance of the car and I also notice a negative difference in cornering performance when ever I have removed them  :happy2:

Robin - what have the brakes got to do with the purchasing decision?

--- End quote ---

possibly some people need a spacer to clear the spokes ?, i had to on my last car (thankfully they were only 3mm ones though)

stealthwolf:

--- Quote from: matt a on April 20, 2009, 08:06:58 pm ---FK are very hit and miss with the quality of their products, I'd trust H&R or Eibach, but never FK.
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip!

 :happy2:

jamiekip:

--- Quote from: 182_blue on April 20, 2009, 08:59:25 pm ---
--- Quote from: jamiekip on April 20, 2009, 08:54:36 pm ---
--- Quote from: gazbutS3 on April 20, 2009, 07:55:32 pm ---^^^^^I agree^^^^^




--- End quote ---

I agree too...
... I'm a fan of spacers... good for the stance of the car and I also notice a negative difference in cornering performance when ever I have removed them  :happy2:

Robin - what have the brakes got to do with the purchasing decision?

--- End quote ---

possibly some people need a spacer to clear the spokes ?, i had to on my last car (thankfully they were only 3mm ones though)



--- End quote ---

Ahhhh, got ya - that makes perfect sense..... as we were talking about parts failing I asumed brake forces were getting pulled in to the mix.... but that point makes way more sense  :rolleye:

182_blue:
^^perhaps im wrong LOL, just thats what happened to me  :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version