All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

warning ...wheel spacers

<< < (2/8) > >>

candy turbo:
wanted rr to read this thread !!!!!!!!!!

gazbutS3:
thats shocking, and it is a safety issue, the wheel bolts hold the wheel in place but the hub ring does take some of the load. Like Greenhouse says the rings do look thin, but just a thought, are they deffo the correct fitment, if not maybe there has been some excessive movement, just a thought.
I ran H&R spacers for 2000miles with no issues on the S3, and I don't hang about,  I would deffo be getting on to the supplier and its just lucky you cleaned your wheels, hope you get a result :happy2:

MAT ED30:
 :surprised: that's bad mate defo never fitting them to mine

Hurdy:
That is shocking. :scared:

I've been debating rear spacers, but I think I'll give it a miss :scared: :scared:

candy turbo:

--- Quote from: gazbutS3 on April 19, 2009, 08:25:03 am ---thats shocking, and it is a safety issue, the wheel bolts hold the wheel in place but the hub ring does take some of the load. Like Greenhouse says the rings do look thin, but just a thought, are they deffo the correct fitment, if not maybe there has been some excessive movement, just a thought.
I ran H&R spacers for 2000miles with no issues on the S3, and I don't hang about,  I would deffo be getting on to the supplier and its just lucky you cleaned your wheels, hope you get a result :happy2:

--- End quote ---
the spacers were a really snug fit , when you think about it cause the spacer is only 10mm the part when the ring meets the spacer can only be so thick cause the original hubsticks out 8 mm so you only have 2 mm max which of alloy is not very strong !!! any one any idea what as caused them to to do this ? all bolts were tight to correct torque (i always use my torque wrench ) so i dont really understand whats gone wrong  :confused: :confused:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version