Make a donation

Author Topic: ITG noob question  (Read 838 times)

Offline jaycue2u

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
ITG noob question
« on: January 05, 2012, 12:53:51 pm »
Hi,

Just fitting my ITG to my GTI and was wondering if you have to remove any of the wheel lining or anything around that area? Once the foam inserts are added it sort of looks like there is only a small amount of air available? Im assuming that if you dont have to remove anythng that the air is drawn in from existing gaps lower down?

cheers in advance  :happy2:

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: ITG noob question
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 03:11:20 pm »
Nothing needs to be removed, the air will find its way up from under the headlight  :happy2:

Offline jaycue2u

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 07:36:52 pm »
Cheers Steve  :happy2: Cant believe how loud the wooshing is! Its going to take a bit of getting used to and the wife is DEFINATELY going to notice iv done something to the car  :signLOL:

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 71
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 10:08:47 pm »
I have the k&n typhoon air filter but used the itg foam heat shield.  I actually found the engine responded better with foam insert removed. Once driving there will be plenty of cold air in the engine bay and even when waiting at traffic lights it wont affect the engine performance a great deal. If you look at all the high powered cossies, scoobies and japanese motors. Most of those have the air filter in the engine bay itself with no issue.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box