Make a donation

Author Topic: About to buy a GTI...  (Read 945 times)

Offline GTayyee

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
About to buy a GTI...
« on: January 21, 2012, 08:35:09 pm »
Hello!

Been to look at a 3dr DSG GTI on a 55' plate today, lovely car to drive.

Come's with 17" wheels, cloth interior, winter pack, metallic paint, dual climate and steering wheels controls.

It has 44k on the clock, full VW history including belt and DSG oil replaced recently.

The tyres are pretty low all around, only has one key, needs new pads in rear calipers and the tax is up end of next month.

Paint work is good, few light marks that should machine polish out.

Its up for 7,995?...is that a good price? I've offered him 7,500 but it won't budge more than 7,900.

I've also got a Mk1 Clio Track car aswell that i rebuilt a couple of years ago, i'll pop some pictures up below.

Hopefully my GTI won't replace my Clio but just add to the collection

French Vs German

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
Re: About to buy a GTI...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 09:34:07 pm »
Hi,  Ive been looking at a few cars myself. 

I think he's asking for too much.  The mileage is low.  Hope thats been verified? I'd offer 7K.   A car I turned down had 18's, DSG, Leather, xenons. dual climate, heated seats for 7870, 70K  I got him down to 7700. I had issues with the dealer so left the car.  The cars still on autotrader.  Six weeks later.  This gentleman was telling me he had three people waiting to pick his car.  Guess they're still fighting for the car. lol.  Keep pushing for more as it really is a buyers market and some cars have  been online for months!
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline GTayyee

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 09:48:46 pm »
Thanks, i know where your coming from he thought i was just some kid of the block who was new to this car game.

Kept saying its a second hand car you shouldnt expect it to have much tax on it or tyres with decent tread.

The mileage is good but is it worth the pay off for not having the extras like leathers, xenons, 18's and then having to splash out for tyres and pads.

He kept ringing me through the week saying he's had loads of calls about it etc and making sure i was still coming, when i rang him this evening to knock the price down i explained everything and he was saying about it been second hand etc again and saying a guy from london is coming up on the train to see it on monday...which is bollocks because he would have to buy a ticket tomorrow or monday and to york your looking at 100 or so single ticket.

Im going to hold out as im not in any rush at the moment.
French Vs German

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 11:15:07 pm »
I had the same in my experience being young he thought I could be told me a load of nonsense.  

Wanted me to take a car with no MOT and drive home!  Pointed out to the dealer that your asking me to drive a car illegaly.  HPI wasn't clear at the time and he thought that it was fine to take the car as it was!!!  :scared: :scared: :scared:  Pointed out that I'd have no legal comeback and wasn't going to play ball.  Check my previous posts of the full story.

I told him I'd be doing a mechanical inspection and he told me story like yours of numerous calls from people interested in the car and he doesn't want to sell the car to me.  He'd sell it to another buyer.  I'd be lying if I said it didn't put me off buying another car.

If I've learnt one thing is never expect to buy a car when you of to view one.  Crazy as it sounds.  I mean been on the phone today and again some of the cobblers you get told is beyond believe.  I may even scrap getting a car for now and pursue other things.  
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)