Make a donation

Author Topic: Centre Console & Cd Player Removal  (Read 1358 times)

Offline zenicman9

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Centre Console & Cd Player Removal
« on: February 17, 2012, 12:59:30 pm »
Hi All
I was wondering if anyone has a guide to remove the cd player housing and the centre console? I am looking to run a wire down the back of the cd player under the centre console to the back of the unit?

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
Re: Centre Console & Cd Player Removal
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 04:54:42 pm »
tbh you shouldnt neeeeed to remove the centre console...its a BITCH to remove...

if you can get the wire to teh end of the centre console and then use a coat hanger tape the wire to the end of that and feed it through you'll get it to where the gear lever is....

to remove the gear lever boot/gaiter (assuming you have a manual) its easy, you just kinda dig in and pull up... i think theres a youtube clip somewhere, then you'll see the wire, pull it through, then just feed it up... behind the cd player once you got that out

to take the cd player out its even easier... just take out the rubber mat in the top (assuming you dont have climatronic) you'll see two screws, undo these, then the top section unclips out towards you with a bit of force and the rest is straightforward from there

two screws to remove the trim around teh cd player and heater controls, and 4 screws to remove the cd player itself.

good luck!
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...